“Reasonably priced, attentive staff, peaceful...”
As the sun is setting...
As you come in the side gate...
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
As the sun is setting...
As you come in the side gate...
The front of the stores...
One of the bedrooms...
A garden carving...
Wholesome Ital dining in our cafe..
Grass, shade and butterflies...
Try some tie n dye..
more of the garden..
Your own kitchen space,with utensils, pots, plates etc...
Private Shower and toilet
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 31 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Tiffany H
“Reasonably priced, attentive staff, peaceful location”
Reviewed July 14, 2016 for a stay in June 2016

I had a very pleasant stay at Legassi Gardens. The owner is very responsive to the needs of the guests without being overbearing. The apartments are well-furnished and the kitchen had everything I needed. It's a short walk to the main road if you need to get to town. Anytime I needed something I just asked...one of the staff either showed me the way or got it for me. The grounds are also well-landscaped and offer a nice retreat from bustling Accra. My only inconvenience was that some of my electronics weren't compatible with the wall sockets but that was my short-sightedness. I was able to find a suitable plug adapter. All and all, would stay here again.

Your age range 25-34
Davy H
Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
“Great place to relax and to explore”
Reviewed May 16, 2016 for a stay in April 2016

Legassi Gardens is a welcome oasis from the hustle and bustle of Accra. Their is a peace and tranquility about the place. Our hosts were very welcoming and helpful. The accommodation is a bit dated but comfortable. This is a place developing all the time and i'm looking forward to see how things progress. I enjoyed my time here and will definitely be returning.

How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The cool water, the bed and the garden
Liked least: Not many electrical sockets
Traveling group: Friends
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
Management Response
May 22, 2016
Thanks Davy for your support! It was great having you here and you are welcome anytime. We will continue putting the finishing touches on the new studios, and redecorating our existing apartments one by one. We are making progress!
See you again soon.
daveinadu...
Bristol, United Kingdom
“They looked after me on my first visit to Ghana (and Africa!)”
Reviewed April 6, 2016 for a stay in January 2016
person found this review helpful

They communicated really well over email and confirmed my booking, including providing evidence to help with my visa application. When I arrived they were waiting for me at the airport and drove me home. Adjingo the guide helped me get around for the first few weeks, showing me how things worked in Ghana. Once I found my feet I mostly kept to myself, but there was always someone around to help if I needed. Issac was really helpful and even did my laundry for a small tip. Best of all there's a really nice cat that likes to spend time with the guests! (He likes chicken bones, bread and biscuits. Give him any of those and you have a friend for life!)

The apartment itself was fine, very fancy by Ghanian standards actually. If you're coming from Europe for the first time remember that things are different in Ghana, for example it's almost unheard of to have hot water, you just don't need it as the country is so hot! The apartments all have mosquito screens over all the windows so you don't need to bring a mosquito net as long as you keep the door shut. It means you get a nice cool breeze a lot of the time too, you don't have to keep the windows shut.

While I was there they got an impressive new internet connection set up. It seems to be roughly 1 or 2 megabit synchronous connection with pretty low latency and ample bandwidth. There was also great Vodafone reception, so tethering with HSDPA was also pretty fast. Again, coming from Europe it's a bit slower than what I was used to but for Ghana it seems to be a very decent setup.

One thing to mention, if you search for "Legassi gardens" in Google maps you will find two results. The one marked as permanently closed has the wrong location, so make sure you're looking at the right one!

If you're in a wheelchair or similar I wouldn't recommend the apartments as you have to climb stairs and getting up the hill to the gardens would be tricky! Otherwise I can't recommend Legassi gardens enough.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Being picked up from the airport, and the cat!
Liked least: Can't think of anything.
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 25-34
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
Patrick M
Brantford, Canada
“Paradise in Ghana - from Toronto, Canada”
Reviewed January 17, 2016 for a stay in December 2015
people found this review helpful

Legassy Gardens is in an ideal location. Close enough to Accra city center to make frequent and easy trips into town but far enough out to feel the authentic experience of Ghanian culture and have some quiet from the busy city. Theres a beautiful beach (bojo Beach) just one short bus ride away and a bus station about 5 minutes walk from the hotel. The hotel itself is placed on top of a small hill overlooking the town and the locals living in the area were very friendly and welcoming. Also, the staff at the hotel are extremely helpful and polite. They always have good advise on where to visit within Ghana and willing to show you how to get there. Overall I don't have a single bad thing to say about my experience at Legassy. I stayed there for 1 month and I will surely stay again when I return to Ghana.

Liked best: Location
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
Sioned M
Swansea, United Kingdom
“A lush green haven with the most friendly hosts you'll ever meet. Vegetarian friendly!”
Reviewed September 10, 2015 for a stay in October 2014

I stayed in Legassi Gardens for 3 months on my first visit to Ghana, and indeed my first visit to Africa. Feeling a little overwhelmed on arrival after a very long journey it was so wonderful to be met by Nana and Ajingo at the airport. Their warm smiles immediately put me at ease. The café wasn't fully operational during my visit as they were renovating the café area, however it was no trouble at all to Nana to whip me up a delicious vegetarian meal to eat in my apartment. Bliss! I felt like I had come home.

The compound is up on a hill in Pokuase, not in central Accra. This was perfect for me and I really enjoyed the walk up the hill from Pokuase (you'll lose weight!). If you have mobility problems you would definitely need to take a taxi or have your own transport, but if you're not afraid of a little bit of exercise you'll love the walk up, getting to know the local shop owners and some of the locals. Even as you get fitter with the walk it'll take you much longer because you'll be chatting all the way up!

There are 6 apartments in total, BEAUTIFUL gardens and a tiny shop down below. The café, as I said, wasn't open during my stay however I was lucky enough just before I left Accra in May 2015 to have a delightful invitation to have the first meal in the new café! If that meal is anything to go by you will not be disappointed by the food - fresh vegetables in a delicious sauce and freshly squeezed orange juice was on the menu. The shop sells basic provisions like bottled water, snacks and candles (yes, this is Ghana, so the electricity does go off...a generator was in use for an hour or so in the morning and several hours in the evening if the power was off during my stay). Be aware that although there is wifi this will not work when the power is off, so you might like to invest in a portable battery powered modem which I found quite useful. The staff were always available to help you out if you needed anything, and Ajingo was a most wonderful guide when I needed, showing me how to get around on the trotros and introducing me to another vegetarian restaurant in town. Whoever is around will help you with whatever you need, be it directions, advice or just a nice chat!

My apartment was comfortable and breezy. A fan was available but I found that being high up the hill meant a pleasant breeze ran through the apartment so I didn't really use it. The apartment I was in consisted of a porch with 2 chairs to sit out and enjoy the garden, sitting room with table, chairs and sofa, 2 big bedrooms, a basic kitchen and basic bathroom. The water went off a couple of times but this was fixed so quickly that it was never an issue - I believe the apartments get their water from a borehole, and is pumped up to the storage tank, so if the water went off it was just a case of re-filling the tank and this never took long.

I really loved my apartment. It isn't The Ritz, so if you feel the need for swish luxury white goods and an extensively stocked kitchen then maybe this isn't the place for you. I had the necessary pots and pans, cutlery and crockery, and it was easy to find a few extra bit and bobs I needed in the nearby town of Pokuase. There were very occasional uninvited guests in the form of insects and lizards, but again this is Africa! I actually loved the tiny little lizards with their pale bodies that wiggled when they ran, and also they eat mosquitoes which is a bonus - so they were allowed to stay! If you need to be closeted away from that sort of thing and exist in a bubble then don't stay here - go and stay in some sterile western style hotel with fancy curtains and air-con. But if you want to meet some of the most warm, friendly, genuine hosts, and have your own apartment with lovely hand tie-died furnishings, a comfy bed, and a lush green gardens to gaze at from your very own porch, all within a safe compound then you can't go wrong with Legassi Gardens :) I absolutely loved it here.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The people and the gardens
Liked least: the kitchen & bathroom would benefit from a little modernisation, but they were perfectly fine :)
RI
Reviewed July 1, 2015 for a stay in June 2015

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Ambiance of the property and comfortable accommodations
Liked least: occasional loss of power and internet service
Traveling group: Large Group
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 30, 2014 for a stay in September 2014

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing