Villa Monticello Boutique Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsboutique hotelconcierge serviceeach room has its ownworld classbeautiful hotelbusiness tripvisiting accraa great place to stayenjoyed my stayclose to the airportpool sidevmanitaemperorchapterzambeziluxury
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Villa Monticello had all my checks for a hotel and then some. As a fashion correspondent, I travel the continent frequently and so always try to check into a hotel that offers more than just comfort. I had a choice of 10 differently themed rooms to choose from including a Coco Chanel inspired room. The restaurant was great as well so was great for my business meetings.

The limitless wireless makes it perfect for anyone traveling for business. I stayed at the hotel for four nights both weekday and weekend so was grateful for the events at the restaurant that's open to the public. And I enjoyed my stay beyond the hotel offering. I especially liked the rooms were designed as living spaces and very spacious, allowing you the option to relax me to relax on a lounge in my room. The breakfast service (a la carte) also starts pretty early at 6.30 am going on until 10 am so a big plus for business traveler.

From the pleasant front office Anita to the General Manager Charles and the charming directors; Efuo and Laurie, staying at Villa Monticello really feels like staying at home and for the first time ever I felt a little sad leaving.

Great perk as well for guests is their VIP airport service that checks you in allowing you an extra hour at the hotel. I definitely look forward to my next trip to Accra and the Villa Monticello.

Room Tip: Call ahead of time to ask for a room that suits your personality or mood. Fashion travellers can ask for the Coco Chanel room (presidential suite)or manhattan for a standard suite. Looking for some relaxation, opt for the Aqua Verde room. You can also opt for a room facing the pool or the road which is pretty quiet as well.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank 936Diana83
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Very good hotel, very courteous and friendly staff from the driver to the guys @ the bar and even the chef(she specially made some peppersoup for us). The guys at frontdesk were amazing, anita,matilda,angela.
The only downside was no african/nigerian food available.

All in all an excellent 4days...........

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank olu o
CG_Meares, General Manager at Villa Monticello Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Dear Olu O,
Thank you very much for such a positive review of our Hotel and for sharing your concern about availability of local cuisine. We have recently started a selection of popular local dishes however due to the extensive variety of dishes from the region we can only do a limited selection. We do however hope that you will be satisfied with it on your next trip.
Once again many thanks for choosing to stay with us,

Best Regards,

Charles

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Villa Monticello provides a top level of service, didn't expect to have such experience in Accra. Very professional staff and nice rooms. Highly recommended to all business travellers. Close to the airport as well.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Juppik
CG_Meares, General Manager at Villa Monticello Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Dear Juppik,
Greetings from all at VM,
Thank you for making us your choice of accommodation in Accra and for your great review on our property. We hope to see you again soon when your travels bring you to the shores of Ghana.

Best Regards,

Charles

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Stunning hotel with great staff. Thank you so much for accommodating me for my stay. Truly first class hotel. I did not use the pool but it looked very clean and relaxing. Its a little hard to find so make sure you take the address with you if you drive or take a taxi. I would recommend they pick you up from the airport.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
CG_Meares, General Manager at Villa Monticello Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Dear Haleygrl,
Many thanks for taking time to review your stay with us at Villa Monticello, It was a delight for me and the rest of the team hosting you here. We do hope your journey back home was safe and restful and look forward to seeing you again when you come to Accra.

My kindest regards,

Charles.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Villa Monticello is a 'must do' for anyone who is used to and expects luxury and first class service when they travel. From the moment you enter the hotel till you leave, you are made to feel special. I cannot find enough words to stay how grateful I am to the entire staff for their level of service. Talk about going the extra mile, this hotel provides it and some.
I held both my wedding ceremony and reception at this hotel and believe me when I say I cannot fault the staff in ANYWAY. Every member of staff bent over backwards to ensure that both my husband and I and our guests had a truly memorable experience.
I would like to single-out Naa Dadei, Gladys and the entire events and F&B team for their professionalism and flexibility in making our wedding day such a success.
The rooms are luxurious and can be compared to any 5 star hotel in the world which fall into the 'Small Luxury Hotels of World' umbrella. All the amenities are of the highest quality.
Well done Villa Monticello and I will certainly be spreading the word that your hotel is the 'Best Kept Secret' in Accra. I look forward to my next visit

Room Tip: All rooms are luxurious so you will be spoilt for choice
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple