“Cannot wait to return - such a refreshing change from faceless and sterile multi-nationals”
Review of Villa Monticello

Villa Monticello
Ranked #5 of 90 Hotels in Accra
Reviewed November 6, 2012

The Villa Monticello is simple a lovely place to stay. It is uber comfortable and aesthetically pleasing. I don't know where "Elsetravelling" stayed but his or her experience does not resemble the hotel we stayed at! For myself and my cousin the outstanding feature of the hotel was the warmth of all the staff, we were made to feel welcome and valued from the moment we set foot in the hotel. Kingsley, Michael, Janet and Reyah (forgive the spelling here) are the names I remember after travelling overnight - and these 4 people exemplified the standard set by VM - I would like to thank the whole team and exclude no-one - they were all great and their professionalism emitted an effortless feel to the place where the guests needs were paramount. Yes it is a little pricey but you get what you pay for - We stayed at VM for eight nights in all and enjoyed the hotel its facilities and its best asset it's staff immensely. Breakfast filling and cooked brilliantly especially the little scones; entertaining friends was easy here and all of our friends who visited enjoyed the experience. It is such a refreshing change to find this jewel of a hotel - instead of the usual faceless multinational one often has to book in Africa and elsewhere. We would definitely return and are already making plans to do so in the next six months - a home away from home. Loved it

Room Tip: We had the Lake Como suite at a supplement as we wanted two separate beds - roomy, beautifully co-or...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank dreensy

Reviewed October 30, 2012

As hotels goes, I have never stayed at any hotel quite like this one. I do not know exactly what to expect when I left my taxi entering the hotel. The answer was a warm welcome, registration and then being led to my room. Effectively and friendly.

The room proved to be a good place both for work and relaxation. A good bed, work desk, high speed wireless internet - all in all a big and comfortable room. The bathroom was outstanding. Dining at the hotel is a good experience throughout. Good food and service. Nice little gym with an attentive helper available if necessary.

Location means a lot if you want to move out and about. The hotel alone isn't all. Within 100 meters you have a cafe, Delifrance, where you can get you breakfast with coffee (Volta street). Just across the street you will find a big supermarket and also not too far away (200 meters) an ATM (go east along Patrice Lumumba Road). If you want to go for a longer walk (around 2 kms), why not walk to the Accra mall for shopping or the Santoku japanese restaurant? When you're done, grab a taxi back to the hotel. All in all the location is also to the hotels credit. You are not stuck in some faceless suburb, but in a nice neighbourhood.

If I could change one thing it would be the airconditioning in my room. I would have loved to be able to set it at a little lower speed. Then again - why use air conditioner to keep the temperature at a level where a duvet is necessary? I kept mine off during night.

I think that's it really. If my budget allows for it I will certainly be back. I like it there - a lot!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank munr
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Spent a week at the Villa Monticello and the rooms are fantastic and the service even better. We stayed on the 1st floor in the Soho Room, Manhattan and Out Of Africa. all rooms are decorated with different themes . The rooms are fairly big and have alot of storage space. But the best feature of this hotel are its people. The staff are very accomodating and friendly. The restaurant serves very good food, a mixture of local and french cuisine. The staff were willing to customise our mealks for us. We were on business and after a long day this hotel was just what was needed.

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautiful. The Mandela room is slightly smaller and very close to entrance to Hote...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Trinitraveller88
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Its been a year since my last visit to Accra and Villa Monticello. The hotel had then been recently opened ...so like any new product - there were growing pains, however I was still very impressed with both the beauty of the hotel - and service of the staff. One year later - and an even better experience! instead of the growing pains - I found a seasoned staff - and extremely well maintained hotel. I dare say it looked even better than I remembered! The service was attentive and personal without being intrusive and the facilities were ideal for my business trip ( they provide free use of their meeting rooms for guests ), and all my clients started insisting on having our meetings t at the hotel as opposed to their offices. I stayed in a different room this time - Out Of Africa - which was very nice. Looking forward to getting through all 14 rooms! Well done Villa Monticello - you have officially won me over!

Room Tip: Out of Africa
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 25, 2012

My husband and I got married in Ghana in May. We stayed here for a couple of nights before we saw my parents off. The hotel was quite, clean, cool, and tasteful. It is really a home away from home and a nice place to retrieve from the craziness of Accra. We stayed in "Out of Africa". Everything functioned properly, including the wifi(which we had a problem with in the Movenpick). The hotel is also close to the airport, accra mall, and movie theatre. It is a bit far from the beach if you are trying to relax, but if you are in Accra for any other reason I would recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MaryBaako
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Fantastic in all respects...really a wonderful establishment. Couldn't have enjoyed my time more. Really fantastic quality......the drop off in experience for $100 between this and other hotels like Holiday Inn is surprising. Really liked it.

I came here have having a really lame experience at the Ramada Resort in Greater Accra, just needed to detox at a nice place...VM was perfect for that. I am pretty sad that I needed to move closer into town to dodge long waits in traffic in Osu area, otherwise I'd have stayed here and loved it. THe Alisa in Osu is a step down, though acceptable...

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank BJM493
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I always used to think that size and name matters, but Villa Monticello proved me wrong. Amazing service, amazing food and amazing service. The chef is certainly world class.

Villa Monticello is not cheap, but it offers more than value for money.

• Stayed: February 2012