1st time I stayed here, a good friend with good taste recommended it. I was glad I took his word. The hotel offers very good value for your money and is nicely tucked away in a spot in Accra; yet just 10minutes away from the airport!
2nd time I stayed here reaffirmed my belief that you can get quality in West Africa without pretensions. It was authentic and I left feeling like the staff were genuinely there to make my stay a pleasurable experience.
1) Very flexible range of rooms and suites - I saw single rooms (which are really far better than many hotels I know); other fantastic suites that can cater for large groups/family staying together. I think this is a unique move.
2) If you book with them (as I did before my visit), you actually get an airport pick up! This is brilliant for the foreign guest to Ghana like me! Takes the stress out of travel logistics trust me!
3) The rooms I stayed in on both visits (The Ambassadorial styled suites) were just that: Ambassadorial and excellent for the serious business traveller. Beats virtually ALL other hotels I have stayed at in Ghana to date....including some so-called big names! Essentially 1 large room with a separate large living area/lounge fully furnished.
4) The service was quick and I think the whole staff seemed professional, friendly and clean.
5) Safety was easily something I felt I could trust in their hands. I really didn't think about that at all....bearing in mind I have been in some African countries as well as other far flung hotels around the world. Mirage Royale strangely felt more homely for me than most
6) Met the senior management by coincidence on both occasions and I feel like I could do business with them if I ever had the privilege to. Ms Ginette, the GM is so hands-on and pleasant, you want to give her a big hug every time you see her.
7) General decor in the rooms I stayed in were very good and the quality of furniture and fitting were quite good too.
8) I liked the hotel's location - close enough to the hotel and all major parts of the city and shops etc yet quietly tucked away in a corner far from the maddening crowd so to speak. This will suit the traveller who relishes a very nice, private yet homely hotel to stay at in Accra.
9) Prices of the room service was very reasonable and the quality and range of lunch and dinner menu very acceptable. I am a teetotaler but observed a well stocked bar on both visits.
10) The price is set just right for both the corporate client and private one too. Staff are very helpful too.
1) I still think the range of breakfast menu could be improved - and I said so. I am confident though that knowing them at this hotel, it would be taken seriously;
2) The bathroom drain is another low score for me. Again I am sure this will be taken care of. This was a shame because the bathrooms are very good and clean in this hotel. You only really notice if you are finicky (like me) about your shower drain emptying fast! I don't do slow.
3) As I am in the telecoms solutions business, I guess it harsh to judge the hotel. But I felt I could deliver solutions that were obvious, cost effective and readily deployable. It was a little annoying the comms service was not quite up to par for the serious business visitor. But then most other hotels suffer the same issue anyway.
4) The hotel business centre is not really a key part of the business strategy of the hotel in my view but I sensed they were working on improving it. Anyway, I want to chill out not carry my work so....
5) I missed a little fridge to chill stuff in but I am sure you won't miss it much since the staff are always ready to sort out your needs.
On balance, I would score this hotel 8 out of 10 and will definitely choose it for my next visit to Ghana. Recommending it is easy too as I am confident that guests will be looked after satisfactorily. You can't help liking the staff too. Great ambassadors for what they do! What more can I say?
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Mirage Royale Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.