“Just average, but reasonably priced for what you get”
Review of Midindi Hotel

Midindi Hotel
Ranked #22 of 92 Hotels in Accra
Reviewed August 24, 2012

The hotel is basically tired, and although the rooms are large, there is nothing in them that makes you want to use the big room. Bedding was clean, but furniture is old and bathroom fittings are missing with holes remaining on the walls. Yes, its relatively inexpensive, but you get what you pay for. The pool area and gym looked pleasant but I did not use them. Reception was a bit musty and check-in a lot more basic than the bigger hotels. Dont expect too much for breakfast, but again if you are looking for a quick and light meal, it had the basics. Some of the accompanyments looked like they had been prepared a while ago. Staff were friendly and willing to help where possible. The generator was running 24x7 outside my room which meant keeping the windows closed. It is well located, near the airport and the only shopping mall of note.

Room Tip: Chack that the airconditioning works on cold, especially if your room faces the generator, you will...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank CapeTownCobraman
There are newer reviews for Midindi Hotel

Reviewed July 12, 2012

This hotel is a masterpiece for every kind of stay, be it business or holiday. To begin with large rooms, nicely designed, perfect WiFi, excellent cuisine, fast and friendly staff - always present when needed, but never intrusive... and it is too much of understatement to be showy. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 22, 2011

The Midindi Hotel was an outstanding facility with the most friendliest staff to accommodate all of your needs. Our company was hosting a trade visit and had last minute problems with another hotel. We called the Midindi at recommendation of a business colleague in NYC. The ENTIRE staff from Francis Grant (owner), to Thomas (Head Accountant/General Mgr), Sammi (Executive Chef) and everyone else met the needs of our 13 person group at the last minute. Rooms were comfortable, food was OUTSTANDING! Even had our own personalized luncheon for 2 days arranged by Chef Sammi. Meeting rooms great for events up to 50 people. For the cost you can't go wrong with this hotel. Oh, must mention the security staff and driver, Francis! They all made our group feel safe and took us where we need to go. I really felt as those I had arrived "home" on my first trip to Ghana.

Room Tip: Close to the airport, U.S. Embassy and Accra-Tema Motorway; Might be good idea to take own bath clot...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Sheppie2
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Maybe I have high expectations from my hotels, I am not too sure. We stayed at this hotel because the other hotel we were staying at was way too far away from where we wanted to be.

The Outside of the Hotel looks great, however for me, when I went inside it changed. The Rooms are large, in fact that would be an understatement, the Rooms are Huge, I had my own large walk in closet, with a Bathroom that could have easily had 4 baths in it with only a little squeeze, but the rooms could do with a little makeover, they are pretty old.

Breakfast was not great, in fact when we got to breakfast, the "Buffet" had only dregs of food left, and while we were the for 30 minutes, I did not see anyone filling up the platters, and there were probably only 6 or so people having breakfast.
We were going to have dinner, but there was no-one, and i do mean no-one in the restaurant when we were there so while i cannot say how good it was, it did not look too appetizing.
When I asked the lady behind the counter about restaurants close by, she did not seem to know anything.

All in all, I am glad I was only there for a single night, I don't think I would have enjoyed staying another night.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Martin W
Reviewed November 15, 2011

I was at the Midindi in January 2011 and went back in November. I just love this place. The environment, food, people and rooms are the best for the price.
Since the last time I was there, they have added a Full Buffett for Breakfast which is included with the meal.
The High Speed internet was at about 5meg download, which allowed me the bandwidth to skype my wife back in the USA.
I have a multiple entry visa and will be staying here everytime I go to Ghana.

Room Tip: Ask for the suites, it includes a whirlpool tub.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank 1037thebeat
Reviewed November 1, 2011

Hello,

After the pathetic experience from Hotel Highgate from my last visit to Ghana, I tried Hotel Midindi.
I was all alone this time during my visit. But the hotel owner Franscis send hotel cab to pick me up at airport. Top to it, they offered very decent discount on the prices on room rates. The hotel staff were amazingly courteous, and very decent and well mannered.
The food was very well served.

Rooms were very neat and clean. Very cool, pleasant place to stay. I stayed for 4 days, and my experience was really awesome and truly value for money.

I will strongly recommend Hotel Midindi, if you are looking a hotel budgeted around 150 usd inclusive of breakfast, and pick up and drop to Airport from Hotel.

Room Tip: Reach the hotel, and tell your preference, the hotel staff are really well cultured. They will infor...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Linilchandra
Reviewed October 9, 2011

My plane was late and I was picked up the hotel transportation. Checking in was seemless. Francis Grant the owner does everything to ensure your stay is enjoyable while the staff is very friendly. Even found myself liming with them while having some jokes.
Asaa,the short guy name who would always enquire about my welfare and was always willing to help.

Do have the Red Red and White Rice. The only concern is that Ghanaians use too much palm oil in food, so a person who is health conscious like me will have to make a special request on the the amount of oil used in your meal. Priscilla, Augustina, Asaa, Juliana are some of the staff I remembered. Good willing I will be back in February 2012.

Location is excellent!