“Country Kitchen”
Review of The Venue

The Venue
Ranked #15 of 277 Restaurants in Accra
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Venue is a cozy continental restaurant in the heart of East Legon. Our serene atmosphere is conducive for all dining types and our menu satisfies everyone's taste. come dine with us.
Wadsworth, Illinois
“Country Kitchen”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

The atmosphere.The food was good and they have a variety on the menu to chose from. I highly recommend this place

Visited May 2012

• Turkish first
Accra
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Why does the venue butter my muffin?”
Reviewed July 1, 2012

The first reason that the venue butters my muffin is that all of the staff members from the security guard....to the waitresses.....to the owner all greet me by my first name and offer me a genuinely friendly and sincere welcome. Before I have had a chance to sit down I will already have a drink placed in my hand without even having to order it.

The second reason that the venue butters my muffin is because I really like their food. I have actually been thinking about their pepper fillet steak for the past few hours. Once my girlfriend finishes putting on her make-up I will take her straight to the venue so that she can watch me eat the peppered fillet steak that I have been thinking about. I'm sure it will be an experience that butters both of our muffins.

I hope that I have provided enough reasons for why I love the venue and why I will be there one my girlfriends nail have dried.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank SupremeSailor
Franconia, New Hampshire
“Slow service, nice food but atmosphere bordering on the seedy side”
Reviewed June 13, 2012

The food here does taste good and yes the pizzas are lovely. However, the service is very slow and I have noticed most times I have been here there is an atmosp[here more like that of a pick up bar than a relaxing resteraunt where you would go on a date, or even with your family.It is such that I now order take out if anything.

It is a shame as the owner is a nice guy and the food is good.

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank Salsal78
San Francisco, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Venue Restaurant and its guest house are THE BEST!!!!”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

I'm from San Francisco and travel all over the world. After a long flight (many times 10hours+), the most important requirements I have are great meal and a really comfortable room.

I simply LOVE The Venue Restaurant and guest house. When you open the door to the restaurant, you feel like you've found an oasis in the hot, sweaty, tropics. The Venue is a slice of heaven. The ambiance is high end (without the huge price tag), cozy, friendly and well air-conditioned. The food is delicious. My current favorite dishes are the pizzas and tiger prawns (not exactly what an American would expect to eat in Africa). And I can't say enough great things about the founders/owners (Tony and his wife, Linda) who are pleasant, warm and very hospitable.

I have also stayed at The Venue Guest House twice in June 2011 and June 2012. The accommodations are simple, but immaculate, clean, comfortable and well air-conditioned. I even remember one of the staff who went out of her way way to help me out with my laundry which isn't a standard service offered here. Talk about awesome service...

Can't wait to stay here again and again in the future. :-)

• Visited June 2012
Accra
“Legon's Hidden Treasure”
Reviewed May 12, 2012

As a frequent visitor to Ghana and someone who has eaten at a lot of restaurants The Venue is the place I would drive across Accra to visit. The owner is a charming professional restauranteur and his staff are super friendly. The food is outstanding and the atmosphere is cozy and intimate.

Visited May 2012