“Will do better” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #111 of 206 Accra B&B and Inns
Accra
“Will do better”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

I was actually taken to this hotel by an Airport Cab driver for three days on a business stuff.

First time in this hotel wasn't bad which I liked because, most of their equipments like the air-condition, dstv , internet and most importantly, the flow of water in the room were excellent.

Good service and attention was well given as I expected both reception and in the rooms. Just a delay for food.

I am actually recommending the Deon hotel located at labadi polyclinic road just on the right hand side at U turn to all business travellers because I am not hesitating to comeback for another night.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Kumasi, Ghana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

I chose to spend two nights at this hotel with my husband because we were looking for an inexpensive hotel, but a classy one which is in this area. We probably would not have chosen to spend the night here if we had read the previous review, but at the end, we have no regrets. The rooms are very neat, my husband and I shared a pizza which was the best we have eaten in Accra. The best of our time there apart from our dinners was our sleep. Surprisingly, even though the hotel is located in an area where residents appear to be a little below the average Ghanaian class, the hotel is very quiet and the atmosphere serene.
We paid in US Dollars since we already knew that it is always better to pay in the currency in which you are charged in Ghana. My husband and I being being business folks, we also make our exchange rates slightly higher than the bank rate because the Ghanaian Cedi could drop by morning before you get to the bank. So we always carry some forex when we travel out of town. The hotel staff appear to be very courteous and are smart. It also appears some polishing up is still going on which the manager who also met us at the restaurant on our first night confirmed. The hotel, however has no swimming pool or any recreational facility, but has nice conference facilities and high speed internet free. It is typically a good hotel for a business traveller.

Room Tip: Check rooms and rates on their website (www.deonhotels.com) and book before you get there.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Nairobi, Kenya
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

This was my first time to Accra, Ghana so I decided to stay at a no-frills hotel within the vicinity of my client's premises. Since I have a couple of friends in Accra, they recommended Hotel Mariset which was in the same area but my colleague and I begrudingly accepted to put at Deon Hotel since the hotel pickup did not know the general direction of Hotel Mariset. We were warmly received by the ever-smiling and ultra-helpful Amelia. The check-in was swift and uneventful, after haggling over the rack rate on offer. The breakfast was filing though the breakfast area was small and could only accomodate a few people at a time.

The only problem I had with the hotel is that they had an automatic pump which would go off a couple of times in the middle of the night. This was sorted out after I complained the following morning amidst serious eye bags! Alongside that, my colleague and I learnt the hard way not to pay in foreign currency as the exchange rate on offer never seems to favour the guest (the hotel is in business after all! What were we thinking?). So, always pay in local currency as a rule of thumb.

Room Tip: Rooms with fully-functional, ice-cold A/C as the humidity in Accra could quickly weigh you down
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business