“This gem needs some polishing...”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Deon Hotel

Deon Hotel
Ranked #106 of 223 Accra B&B and Inns
Nairobi, Kenya
“This gem needs some polishing...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2011

This was my first time to Accra, Ghana so I decided to stay at a no-frills hotel within the vicinity of my client's premises. Since I have a couple of friends in Accra, they recommended Hotel Mariset which was in the same area but my colleague and I begrudingly accepted to put at Deon Hotel since the hotel pickup did not know the general direction of Hotel Mariset. We were warmly received by the ever-smiling and ultra-helpful Amelia. The check-in was swift and uneventful, after haggling over the rack rate on offer. The breakfast was filing though the breakfast area was small and could only accomodate a few people at a time.

The only problem I had with the hotel is that they had an automatic pump which would go off a couple of times in the middle of the night. This was sorted out after I complained the following morning amidst serious eye bags! Alongside that, my colleague and I learnt the hard way not to pay in foreign currency as the exchange rate on offer never seems to favour the guest (the hotel is in business after all! What were we thinking?). So, always pay in local currency as a rule of thumb.

Room Tip: Rooms with fully-functional, ice-cold A/C as the humidity in Accra could quickly weigh you down
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Travelers also viewed these Accra hotels
Labadi Beach Hotel
#41 of 91 in Accra
Spintex Inn
Spintex Inn
#49 of 223 in Accra

Been to Deon Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Deon Hotel

Property: Deon Hotel
Address: F373/3 Kaajaano Street | South La, Accra 23321, Ghana
Location: Ghana > Greater Accra > Accra
Bar / Lounge Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites
Ranked #106 of 223 B&Bs / Inns in Accra
Hotel Class:2 star — Deon Hotel 2*
Deon Hotel is about 10mn drive from the airport and a walking distance to the beach. It is about 6mn drive to the Central Business District (CBD) as well as to the government ministries. Our staff are trained to provide professional service to our numerous clients. Our restaurant serves continental and local dishes with an array of exotic drinks for the delight of our clients. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda and Jovago.com so you can book your Deon Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.