“Best Secret In North Kanashi”

Acacia Guest Lodge North Kanashie
Ranked #114 of 262 Accra B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at Acacia Lodge. We waited a bit to write this review because we kept thinking it is hard to believe that this Lodge is one of the best facilities we would ever want to stay in. The rooms were clean, the food was wonderful, the beer was cold. We cannot begin to say how much we appreciated the staff. So often they seemed like family that cares. We look forward to returning next year. Our only concern is that Acacia Lodge will become so popular that there won't be any rooms available when we make our next reservations.

Room Tip: There does not seem to be a bad room in the place. We enjoyed the room facing the courtyard.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Overall the hotel is OK. It is basic, but clean. The staff were generally helpful and polite. Other posts say about the generator kicking in quickly for the frequent power outages. Great. Except when the generator is right outside your room!

TV all local - but pretty much the same everywhere I stayed in Ghana (mainly preachers - but you don't go on holiday to watch TV!). I couldn't get the free WiFi in my room, only the communal areas, which the security guide was asleep on the floor one night around 10:30

My main issue was it was too far out of the city, and getting back in a taxi at night was a bit of a nightmare, nobody seemed to know where it was (as many of the streets don't have names).

Transfer from the airport is included, but you ring the hotel and then get a taxi and then the hotel pays. When I arrived this resulted in an argument between the receptionist and the taxi driver for about 30mins, as the hotel said it was too expensive. Granted on the way back when I had to pay myself it was about half the price.

When I returned to Accra I stayed in the Afia African Village. A much better option. More people, more buzz and close to town (walking distance) and on the coast.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 24, 2012

There are two Acacia Guest Lodges, one is in North Kanashie and the other one, where I stayed, is in North Legon. The guest house is quite far from the aiport ( 20 - 25 minutes) and there was a misunderstanding regarding the free shuttle service. It seems that only the pick up from the aiport is free and that guests have to pay for the taxi from the guesthouse to the airport. As this was not mentioned anywhere on the website, the owner agreed that I did not have to pay for the taxi and promised to correct it. The guesthouse itself is basic, very clean with a beautiful garden, and the staff extremely helpful and friendly. As I used the lodge for a transit on my way to Monrovia, it is too far from the airport but I would recommend it for a longer stay as the price is reasonable compared to other hotels/accommodation in Accra. Breakfast was included (great!)but when I asked for something to eat upon my arrival at 22.30 hrs, the kitchen was closed and no food available.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Akosfrimpong, Manager at Acacia Guest Lodge North Kanashie, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

We would like to thank you for completing your review on Tripadvisor.com. Your feedback is very important to us, and the success of our hotel. We have currently resolved the issue with you had with our kitchen and are providing food service 24 hours. we work very deligently to ensure that all our guest enjoy amazing service during their stay and we hope when ever you are in the area for a long stay you will visit us again. Thank you

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Acacia Guest Lodge in North Kanashie is about 20-25mins away from the Accra airport. Our standard room was spacious, decent and clean. The staff cleaned our room and made our bed daily. However, some of the amenities were not functioning (i.e. mini fridge, TV, etc.) and some needed maintenance. For instance, the towel hanger fell apart the first night we got there and the top piece of the faucet head over the sink fell off. But these things did not bother us much since we were happy with the free WiFi access and the AC was working. We enjoyed our daily continental breakfast served in our room or at the hotel restaurant (per your own preference). In addition, we also appreciated the free airport pickup by the hotel when we first arrived at Accra (this needs to be arranged with the hotel by calling in advance before your arrival. The hotel booking we had only provided a p.o. box address for the hotel). We had to pay for our taxi ride when leaving for the airport from the hotel (it was a nominal amount: 10 cetis). We also experienced a blackout during our last day there, which lasted for a few hours. Fortunately, we were out sightseeing for the most part of the blackout and the electricity was back when we returned.

One needs to know that Acacia Guest Lodge has two locations and sometimes taxi drivers may get confused with the two locations. Be sure to have the hotel's number and address with you at all times. That way, you won't get lost even though it may take some time to get there. Please also note that Acacia Guest Lodge is located in an average Ghanaian neighborhood and you will see dirt roads and cobble grounds. At night, you will see locals coming out and hanging out at the bars (Benitos' Bar & Grill) and shops a couple blocks away. Overall, it is in a safe area and the staff are helpful.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to evaluate your recent stays with us. We truly appreciate your business and look forward to your next visit. I have shared your comments with not only our management team, but with our everday heroes whom make our team successful. We understand that sometimes we may faulter, but its how we pick ourselves back up that make us a winning team. We hope that we may exceed your expectations during your next visit.

Reviewed August 7, 2011

I stayed at Acacia Lodge with friends for a week. The service is way below local standards in Accra.... My main focus in this review is that my money was stolen from a locked cabinet inside my locked room and NOTHING was done about it. They offered no compensation or even to do anything about it!! I advise you to think twice before staying at Acacia Lodge!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
5  Thank brasseriet
Akosfrimpong, Director of Sales at Acacia Guest Lodge North Kanashie, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Reviewed June 8, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for two nights and were very impressed with the hotel room especially the balcony which had great views over Accra and was great to have breakfast. The owner Elizabeth went out of her way to assist us when we had some issues with immigration. For this we thank her very much. I definately recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple

We would like to thank you for completeing a review of our hotel. Our guests comments assist us in offering high levels of service and quality during your stay. We are happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again. Thanks Again!!!

Reviewed August 24, 2010

Always difficult to find good addresses when you come for the first time to a country ...I have booked this fine guest lodge through the net, and was pleasently surprised by the quick and professional respond to my questions.
Airport service included (thanks Albert), and allthough a bit far from Accra centre (not in distance, but due to traffic jams) is was an excellent departure point for day trips in busy Accra : the lodge is situated in residential area and offers a quite environment.
The rooms are very comfortable, and the staff is very friendly ..good price / quality relation...

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AdriaandeLeeuw

We would like to thank you for completing your review on Tripadvisor.com. Your feedback is very important to us, and the success of our hotel. We are excited that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again in the future. If at anytime there is anything else you need, please feel free to contact us at 011233-30-223-1175