“Nice for spending the night”
Review of Airport West Hotel

Airport West Hotel
Ranked #25 of 92 Hotels in Accra
Centurion, South Africa
“Nice for spending the night”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

IT was all good. Service, room good, clean, bed ok, but: Nobody was there to pick me up from the airport at 11 pm! So I came out, and didnt know where to go. 2 men started to try and help me, took me to where the shuttle is normally, I was very scared and a whole long story after that. Eventually I met up with the driver. I was very upset. And the people just sais it is safe, but that is not the point. MY second stay for the week... ane they were there, on time! With my name held high. I give my rating in comparison to the hotels in the area as reference.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with space for the toilet. MY first room had a very spacious bathroom, and second roo...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Rome, Italy
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I stayed here for three nights recently with the option of staying elsewhere.

Pros: The staff is very helpful and friendly. We had a large meeting that was well catered and the food was good. Breakfast is also quite alright. It is clean - very important - and fairly quiet. Had a safe in the room which. Airport shuttle service is very convenient even though they knew I was arriving and I still had to call them to come and get me.

Cons: The room was lousy. The bathroom had no water pressure making it very hard to get ready for meetings in the morning. Other people in other rooms on the second floor had the same problem. The shower rod was broken. The trash can was broken. Air conditioning in my own room worked well but in other rooms they leaked water all over the floor inside the room.

If you're staying just a night, this is ok. I slept well but the bathroom was a real issue.

For longer, look elsewhere also because it is not particularly cheap and you can do better than this in Accra.

PS - treadmill broken in the fitness centre

Room Tip: Try the first floor for better water pressure?
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Paris, France
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed there with family for three nights and was impressed by the cleanliness and friendly service. Totally adequate facilities.

However very quickly ran out of anything interested on the menu in the restaurant, and watch out for the annoying habit of trying to charge you dollars for the Ghanaain prices on the menu.

Happily recommend it for a practical business trip, but bring your new entertainment.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Lome, Togo
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Stayed here a couple of months ago. The place is very clean everything in the room was in order. Staff was super helpful. I would recommend to anyone looking for a clean quality place in Ghana. The price is great compared to other hotels in it's class. If you don't know, in Ghana it can be difficult to find a place to stay especially with out a reservation. When I arrived I was told there were no rooms available. I explained I had been to eight other hotels with no luck and asked if they could do anything to help me out. She called the manager and I waited about 10-15 minutes and then they said they would prepare a room for me. You need to know I arrived late that evening into Ghana and they totally took care of me. Every detail of service was amazing. Staff was the friendliest I had experienced at a hotel in Ghana. Will continue to book reservations here. Just a note: I travel frequently between Togo and Ghana and usually try to stay somewhere very affordable like a guest house. But if you are in need of a little more comfort this is the best for the price I've found.

Room Tip: For better internet get a room closer to the center of the hotel. Was slower at the end of the hall...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AndyandAmy
Enfield, Connecticut
Reviewed April 2, 2012

bed was cosy, a/c worked satisfactorily (thank God for their standby generator!!!) shower was functional ..restaurant was ok (meals are a bit on spicy side so make sure you specify less spicy if you are not up to it)minutes from airport and accra mall.Good for business visitors.not much activity on premises for the party animal.pool was satisfactory.Overall a decent value for money experience.Staff was extremely helpful..thanks lennox ,Ernestina and all the rest.3/22/2012-3/26/2012 and btw my allergies are thankful for tile floors and no carpet !!!

Room Tip: no ocean views here so put quit yer whining
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank michael d
Accra, Ghana
Reviewed March 31, 2012

Moved to this hotel after problems with my first hotel in Accra.
With all the mirrored doors it seems very closed in.
The reception staff were very welcoming.
The restaurant staff very rude especially when ordering room service.
My first room (111) was cramped but ok, the bathroom was poorly finished and small.
The a/c was very noisy as was the fridge and I had to turn them both off at night to sleep, I should not have bothered as the a/c unit outside the window was even louder.
After a complaint I was moved to 215, slightly larger but same small poorly finished bathroom.
a/c was nice and quiet but that maybe due to the lack of puff, if there was a power cut then the a/c does not automatically start again, so takes 2 hrs to even start to get cool in the room.
The gym was good size but only cross trainer worked.
Had some loose weights but largest dumb bells were stolen while I was there.
The pool area was ok but if you wanted to sign for a drink at the poolside bar you had to go to the restaurant to do so.
The location was very good, close to airport and only 15 mins walk to the Accra mall.
If travelling to Tema then only 3 mins from the motorway.
The wireless was very slow but after numerous complaints and numerous visits from the very helpful Tech guy I was given my own router that improved this tenfold, not a lot you can do about power cuts.
The beds are not very comfortable but I guess some like it hard.
I exchanged some dollars @ 1.5 when at the Accra mall I could get 1.68, so please do not make the same mistake as I did.
I have spent time reading through reviews for other hotels and there are certainly better hotels in Accra for similar prices.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Accra hotels

London
Reviewed January 23, 2012

Bit aof a late review but U stayed here in June 2009. Place was clean and comfortable. Good air con (was needed) and good food. Pleasant pool area. Would recommend if in Accra on a business trip - handy for airport and business district

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business