“Nice hotel - perfect for my over night stay - but pricey”

Best Western Premier Accra Airport Hotel
Ranked #16 of 92 Hotels in Accra
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Back on my travels agin the first overseas stay over in 2013, my company booked me in the Best western as it was close to Accra airport and I had an onward journey this morning " 02 Feb " to Takoradi to fly offshore .
The Best western brand speaks for itself , the checking was quick and painless my room was on the 2nd floor , the room was a good size with all the "mod cons ".
The room was clean and the bed comfy .... perfect to stretch out and relax after my 6 hour flight from schipol .
There is a bar in the hotel -catering for the international professionals because the drinks were not cheap .
I ordered a club sandwich to my room so I could watch TV , the club sandwich did not arrive but a cheese tuna sandwich did , it was OK but it would not win "Master Chef Ghana "
WiFi is free for 5 hours but the connection is slow , and you have to contualy re boot it with the password .
But all in all the BW surves a purpose and that is it is ideally located close to the airport, for me the bed was comfy and for my short stay it ticked more positive boxes than negative ones.
Yes the Holiday inn and the Golden tulip are close by but after an early start from gloomy cold and grey Manchester and waiting around in airports and then waiting over an hour for my bag at Accra . The BW did it for me .....so it's a and a high ✋from me .

Room Tip: Use Ghanian " Cedi" money to buy your drinks and food otherwise the exchange rate the hote...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank cuddslfc
BestWesternPremier, Director of Sales at Best Western Premier Accra Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Thank you for your comment ! We have informed Chef about the mix-up in your order. We are glad you felt comfortable at our hotel and we hope to see you again during your next trip to Accra.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Premier Accra Airport Hotel

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Very expensive hotel that is taking adavantage of foriegn travellers on buisness within the oil and gas companies. Rooms ok but shaggy around the edges. Bar prices expensive for West Africa. I would not recommend and if can stay in Holiday inn.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Hello and thank you for rating our hotel.

In the hospitality industry especially in Africa the room rates are established according to the rating of the hotel. Our hotel is a four star hotel and our prices are very competitive with the other hotels. Holiday Inn and other similar hotels offer rates higher or similar to ours for the same if not lesser service. We hope to welcome you again at our hotel.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Am a regular costumer of best western uk have been to accra and used to stay at golden tulip . But when i stayed at best western premier i was surprised with the services they provide free internet airport pick ups and drops. But the best of it is the food , amazing huge break fast with lots verities . Buffet was always tastfull with great wide choices from chinese oriental and local dishes.and the staff are friendly.thumb up

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Darel4199
BestWesternPremier, Director of Sales at Best Western Premier Accra Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Our Chef and the entire team at the BEST WESTERN PREMIER Accra Airport Hotel would like to thank you for your comment and we look forward to having you amongst us again.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

This hotel is great for individuals on a business trip. The location, food, service and people are awesome. It is a walking distance to the airport and a short drive from almost anywhere else. Free wired internet as well.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Titus G
BestWesternPremier, Director of Sales at Best Western Premier Accra Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2012

Thank you for your lovely comment. We look forward to having you amongst us again in the near future.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

It has no use to mention all my complaints again. I spoke with the manager and the son of the owner. I'm a reasonable man and not a bugger at all. Now, 14 days later the behaviour of the local management staff about my complaints is very disappointing. Why write down my e-mail if you dont' respond? No feed back or excuses at all.
Every time I visit Ghana my governement pays well for my accomodation but this time it was a waste of money. As a foreigher I'm used to be treated as a walking ATM in Accra but this Western Hotel runned by local staff surpass everything. No value for money.
The rooms are ok and the cleaning lady's are very friendly.
Sorry but I can't recommandate this hotel.

Room Tip: choose a room in another hotel
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Ron B
BestWesternPremier, Director of Sales at Best Western Premier Accra Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Dear Ron,

The rooms division Manager and the entire staff apologizes for the incident you faced and we would like to assure you that proper measures are being put in place to prevent such occurrence. We constantly work on our customer support and we hope that you would join us again as you have in the past and enjoy a better experience at the BEST WESTERN PREMIER Accra Airport Hotel.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Since we were last at this hotel in March 2012 it has shown a very significant improvement. It wasn't in the 'bad' category before - probably just average. It is now a very good hotel. The staff are friendly, helpful and very customer focused.

My wife contracted food poisoning while we were there (not from the hotel food) and the staff went out of their way to help. Everyone asked after her and offered whatever help they thought we might need. The service was second-to-none!

Check-in was, however, still a little slow even though it was a lot faster than last time. The breakfast buffet experience would be enhanced by a greater selection of fruit juices being available.

Congratulations are extended to the staff and management team, especially those concerned with customer service.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Wijemanne
BestWesternPremier, Director of Sales at Best Western Premier Accra Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Thank you for your sincere review of our hotel. Our staff is in constant training in order to reach an excellent level of service that guests are accustomed to.

We will relay your request of additional juice variety to management for consideration.

Thank you for choosing the premier life !

Reviewed September 13, 2012

I usualy choose best western coz ı had great experıence ın thıs hotel serval tımes and ı prefered ıt then holydayınn and golden tulıp. But thıs tıme ı arrıved the hotel was fully booked and ı had to waıt for more then an hour to get a room , and story begıns here ı got the worst room maby ın the hotel wıth very low standard dırty bed sheets lıckıng toılets smellıng carpets and pıllows.and what funny ıs that housekeepıng dosent change ur bed lenın unsless u call them to do ıt ! The room the gave me ot was just besıde the servıce door everymornıng 7am whıle am sleepıng ı had to wake up coz they were slamıng the door wıth alot of noıse ınfront! I spoke wıth the receptıon and ı asked to meet the Gm they were very rude and told me that gm ıs not around ! Who ıs ıncharge of thıs hotel ? And such problems should be solved , the only thıng ı enjoyed was the break fast and lunch buffet the servıce staff were helpfull and the food was tasty wıth lots of verıtıes. Else ı can say the hotel ıs fast droppıng. And next tıme ı wıll thınk twıce befor ı reserve.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank jack0149
BestWesternPremier, Director of Sales at Best Western Premier Accra Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Dear Guest, we apologize for the discomfort you have faced during your stay with us. It is true that the hotel has been fully booked for the past month. In regards to the linen when a guest is in house we change them every few days or upon request. There is a special card in the room that invites you to request a linen change or just help in saving the environment and reuse the same linen the following day. We assure you that our team is always at your service and when you stay with us the next time you can always contact guest relation or any manager for assistance.

Thank you for choosing BEST WESTERN PREMIER!!