“Good find in Accra”

Ranked #20 of 92 Hotels in Accra
Durban, South Africa
“Good find in Accra”
Reviewed November 15, 2011

I spent two nights in Accra in between trips. On my first I arrived after midnight and received efficient service after waiting a long time at the airport for the shuttle. It leaves on the hour so it would have been more sensible to get a taxi. The hotel is near the airport.

The rooms are great. On my first night I had a room facing away from the entrance, which was a lot quieter than my second stay, which faced the front of the hotel.

Nevertheless, I was very impressed with the room and bathroom: comfortable, large and a lot better than other places I've stayed in Accra.

Above all, I liked the proud story displayed by the Yamusah family. Hats off for their enthusiasm and achievement.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
BestWesternPremier, Manager at Best Western Premier Accra Airport Hotel, responded to this review, November 22, 2011
Dear Timbavati,

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.
Please keep on staying with us while in Accra.

Bestwestern Premier, Accra Airport Hotel
Accra
Ghana

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Turkish first
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed November 14, 2011

We stayed at this hotel during a week in November, 2011. Having stayed in several locations throughout Ghana, we were pleasantly surprised by the standards and services offered at this hotel. The staff is friendly, patient, helpful and attentive. The pool was reasonably clean and the food is carefully prepared and presented. The in-room Ethernet and supplied cord were superb and greatly appreciated.
Management also appears to supportive and respectful of all employed staff members. The woman in the gift shop was a huge personal help to us and we will definitely stay at this hotel in the future when in Accra on future trips.

Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
BestWesternPremier, Manager at Best Western Premier Accra Airport Hotel, responded to this review, November 15, 2011
Dear Ragesser,

We appreciate your comments about our staff and also about your stay at our hotel in November. Yes, we always strive to ensure that our guests enjoy the most out of their stay.
We shall pass on the compliments to the members of staff and hope to see you again.

Accra Airport Hotel
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed November 14, 2011

I had previously stayed at this hotel last year and it was superb. This time around was a unbelievable. The staff were courteous but very dishonest. I placed a do not disturb sign on the door and they still entered my room. My favorite pair of jeans and undergarments disappeared. The next day I placed the do not disturb sign on the door and they still tried to enter my room. I am so glad I kept my laptop and passport on me. I tried to re-up my cell phone minutes at the gift shop. Both cards that was sold to me from mtn and vodafone did not work, and never worked. I had no problems with cards I bought to re-up my cell minutes outside the hotel! I didn't feel like playing anymore games so I just checked out and went to another hotel. Do not leave any valuables in your room not even in the safe. Also the advertisement said there would be a microvave in the room but there was no microwave. I was not really bothered about that, but I was offended by the behavior of the staff.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Dear Excali000,

We appreciate your comment about your stay in our hotel and apologize for any misbehavior on any part our members of staff.

We have searched all our records and unfortunately we have no record of any reports from you about your bad experience in our hotel. Any case reported to the management is thoroughly investigated, well handled and our guests leave contented.

Our housekeeping staff have strict instructions not to enter into rooms with the "Do Not Disturb" signs on the doors and if reported to us we could have surely investigated and taken the necessary action.

We do not have a theft problem in our hotel. I would like to assure you that our safes are authentic and very secure. Though we encourage our guests to use the in-room safes, many of our guests leave their lap tops in their rooms and have not reported loses.

The top up cards for Vodafone and MTN cannot by any means be corrupted by us. There could have been a problem which we had no hand in. It could also have been a network problem around the time you tried to load the credit. Ideally if the recharge cards do not work we would taken them back and refunded your money, just like it would happen at any other outlet selling them.

We have microwave ovens in our high end rooms. Depending on availability you could have definitely been offered one of such if you requested.

I would appreciate if you could visit us next time you are in Accra to give us an opportunity to correct any wrong on our part.

Kindest regards,

Accra Airport Hotel
Ghana

Travelers are raving about these Accra hotels

Sharpsburg, Georgia
Reviewed November 9, 2011

I was on a business stay for two nights and was pleasantly surprised. The rooms were clean, comfortable and well appointed. The staff was courteous and helpful. The restaurant provided good meals at really fair prices. The pool was clean and comfortable.

Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
BestWesternPremier, Manager at Best Western Premier Accra Airport Hotel, responded to this review, November 12, 2011
Dear Sharpsburg,

We appreciate your positive comments and invite you back anytime you are on a business trip to Accra.

Accra
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Reviewed October 3, 2011

comparing with a lot off other hotels in Accra, this one definitely gives best value for money.
Its new, fresh, clean, beautifully designed and decorated, comfortable beds and light-tight curtains !! all great, just the pool could look a bit nicer...

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
BestWesternPremier, Best Western International at Best Western Premier Accra Airport Hotel, responded to this review, October 5, 2011
Dear Jos,

Thank you very much for the compliments.
We surely give value for money and strive to improve our services daily.
The pool was undergoing some work and is in top condition currently.
I am sure you will enjoy a swim next time you come around.

Deputy General Manager
Best Western Premier, Accra Airport Hotel.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed September 24, 2011

Stayed at the hotel from 29th Aug to 17 Sept,2011. Rooms are spacious and clean, the wired internet is lightning fast and the staff are courteous and helpful. The food is good thought it gets a bit monotonous if you are staying for long. The locality is very quiet and safe.The best part is the 100% No Smoking policy in the hotel. Being a smoker myself, I finally realized how clean your room is, if you do not smoke in it!
On the flip side, everything is quite expensive inside the hotel and the gift shop.
The pool is clean and maintained well and worth having a look at.
Will try and stay again on my next trip to Accra.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
BestWesternPremier, Best Western International at Best Western Premier Accra Airport Hotel, responded to this review, September 28, 2011
Dear Ashish,

Thank you very much for the compliments.
We appreciate your input about our food.
We are soon opening up new outlets
in the hotel that will offer a more varied offer
of delicacies.

Thank you.

Best Western Premier
Accra, Ghana
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed September 18, 2011

Due to unexpected change in travel plans, my company travel agent booked us into the Best Western for 1 night. Hotel is convenient for the airport, maybe a little out of the way for the areas nearer to the coast. However, the hotel is very comfortable with great rooms and friendly service. Good restaurant, nice pool area and free shuttle to the airport.

• Stayed September 2011
BestWesternPremier, Best Western International at Best Western Premier Accra Airport Hotel, responded to this review, September 21, 2011
Thank you very much for the feedback.

Best Western Premier, Accra Airport Hotel