“My Home Away from Home - Truly Paradise!”
Review of La-Paradise Inn

La-Paradise Inn
Ranked #7 of 230 Accra B&B and Inns
Hyattsville, Maryland
“My Home Away from Home - Truly Paradise!”
Reviewed January 23, 2011

As a solo traveler and first-time visitor to Africa, I couldn't have asked for a better experience than what I had at La Paradise Inn. The owners (Donna and Victor) were excellent hosts, very accommodating, knowledgeable about the area and even took the extra step to go out with the Inn guests to some of the city's hot spots. I felt very taken care of and cared about when I was at La Paradise -- they treated me like a part of the family and missed me the few days I went off to explore other parts of Ghana.

One thing that I didn't read about much when looking at the reviews is the AMAZING food served at La Paradise. The cooks here are top-notch and really do cater to the individual needs and tastes of the guests. Definitely have the Banku and Tilapia...amazing.

I loved it so much at the Inn that I changed my plans to stay longer and spend Christmas with all my new found friends at the Inn. I stayed in several other properties around Ghana and have to say that the community feel, the warm and welcoming attitude and the comfort of the place was unmatched -- especially for the amount I paid for the place. Kate, Nenekwame, Janet - they're all great and I now consider them family. I will certainly return to Paradise and will tell everyone I know to stay there.

The only real downside to my stay was the hot water never worked quite right...but with the extreme heat in Ghana, a cold shower was really a welcome thing.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
3 Thank prkimmy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 22, 2011

My husband and I Stayed at La-paradise Inn for a week,and we had a very nice time. Donna and Vitto made us feel soo welcome and it felt like a 'home away from home' The rooms were spotless and clean,help was constantly at hand.
We also had several visiting relations coming over to us and their hospitality(Donna &Vitto) was even extended to them as well.
Staff members,were exceptionally polite and always ready to attend to your needs,Katie at the reception had very good customer service skills and gave a good impression about their workplace.
Am glad we choose La-paradise as our place of stay,and will certainly stay with them again on our next visit.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Queenub
Greenock, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 12, 2011

Very nice place in the centre of Accra. The location is great, everything is 5/10 minutes with a taxi.

Wonderful personnel and Donna and Vittorio will make you feel like at home.

The best food in town, simply wonderful.

If you go to Accra that is the place to stay...

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank GiuseppeGiallongo
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed December 18, 2010

It was an okay place, clean and nice size room. The fixtures in the bathroom really need to be taking care of. Almost had the shower head knock me out....And the hot water heater didnt work, even though i turned it on for hours....But all it all it was a pleasant stay. Management was very nice and helpful.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SweetG2010
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed November 1, 2010

I stayed at La Paradise for a week and it was wonderful! La Paradise was a home away from home. The staff was friendly and helpful and the room was clean, spacious, and had a wonderful view of the ocean. The location was convienent to the airport, ocean, and main attractions in Accra. The Italian owner of the hotel was visible, friendly, and helpful and also cooked an incredible meal every night. I enjoyed sitting outside by the pool at night eating dinner and getting to know the owner, staff, and other guests. My trip to Ghana was wonderful and it was mainly due to staying here. I plan on traveling to Accra again in the next few months and already have a room reserved. I am looking forward to another great trip and stay at La Paradise.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
4 Thank Sheree66
St. Gallen, Switzerland
Reviewed October 17, 2010

I stayed in this hotel for one week and felt better than at home in Switzerland. It was a small paradise. The room was very comfortable and clean. The view from the terrasse to the Ocean was beautiful, i could sit there and relax hours by hours
I was impressed from the service and friendliness of the personal, especially i d'like to note Alpha, Kate and Janet. Also the meal was excellent.
For my next holidays in Ghana this hotel is already booked.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank optimist9403
Worlwide
Reviewed September 22, 2010

Like several of the other travelers, I enjoyed my stay at LaParadise Inn. It's in a nice and safe area. The food was good, The people were friendly and the room was spacious and clean. I will return to La Paradise Inn on my next trip to Accra. Wi-fi was available however it was very slow.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo