Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews home away from home air condition comfortable rooms wi fi nice pool donna guard
Selected filters
Reviewed June 15, 2015

The big heart of La-Paradise Inn is the one of the owner - Donna. She really made a place with a difference. As we go regularily to Accra for Business we experimented a lot with different types of accomodation. Most of them are overprized and low value for money. Unlike La-Paradise Inn. The rooms are clean and ok, wifi is mostly working. The food is really great! The best cafe (espresso) west of Ethopia and south of Italy! The ambience is really a home from home. The place is also conveniently located in a quiet neighborhood (ok, the church next doors can be noisy at times) and close to the sea, so that you can easily walk for example to Tawala Beach Resort for a sundowner.

Date of stay: March 2015
Reviewed June 14, 2015

I am usually going to the big and mediocre hotels in Accra because I go for business and meetings. This time I was luck. La Paradise Inn is a really charming place well located in South Labadi. It is a small place with 10 rooms only. Very clean garden with a small pool and large rooms equipped with a kitchen corner. However beds would benefit from being larger (for single stay ok but with your lovely one it could be bit narrow) and having less soft mattresses. Rooms and bathrooms are very clean.

The highlight of the guest house is the food! Owner and manager Donna simply cooks one of the best food in West (English speaking) Africa. And I travel a lot in this region… She and her kind staff prepare everything by themselves: home-made Italian pasta, sauce (try the spicy Ghanaian chocolate sauce with chicken breast). Salads are wonderful too (a taste of Thailand with the papaya-mango-tomato one). In Accra (or even Lagos or Abuja!) you would hardly find such quality and carefully prepared food. And if you just fancy a drink in the lovely bar-restaurant you will find a good selection of wines reasonably priced.

Room tip: if you want to sleep late in the morning, prefer a room not overlooking the nearby school. Kids start classrooms early in Ghana!
Date of stay: June 2015
Reviewed June 6, 2015

By far this place changed my opinion of Accra. Somehow feels exaggerated maybe, but the wonderful staff starting from the ladies at the reception to the restaurant girls; all have created me a wonderful stay to remember.

I resigned to La-Paradise as my flight was cancelled due to the fuel supply issue in Nigeria. I had to search for some place to spend the night, and considering the prices of hotels in Accra are almost all out of range, they seemed as the best option.

Not far from the airport (15 min), a quiet neighborhood, near the Ocean, and there is a taxi in-front of the door to deliver you anywhere you need. However if you planned to take another taxi, take a card/map from the reception as the place is not well-known to most cabs I've used.

Rooms are spacious and comfortable. This was the first time in my 3-week stay in Ghana to have a decent shower with such power. Rooms are equipped with AC and fans. Wifi is of good strength too.

The restaurant is the highlight in my opinion. Excellent decor and excellent food & service. Even in other places around the country I did not receive such nice, warm attitude from the staff, and also excellent quality food. Coffee is the best I've had in weeks.

I was so frustrated due to the changes in my plans due to the flight cancellation, but the cleanliness of the place, quietness, and friendly staff have made me wishing I would have stayed one or more nights there.

Would love to thank all the staff for making my day at Accra a memorable one... :)

Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
3  Thank MSEIF
Reviewed May 27, 2015

First time in Ghana. I have found the prices of hotels in Accra just to be completely out of range. So I looked for a small place with reasonable prices. I stayed 3 nights in La-Paradise Inn and it was exactly what I was looking for. Small and quite place at a reasonable price. Staff was very nice. Spacious and comfortable room-appartment. Be cautious to print the address and a possibly a map as the location is not easy to find, even for a taxi.

Date of stay: May 2015
Reviewed March 5, 2015

As other reviewers have said, Donna is a phenomenal hostess and the sort of person that I could imagine everyone would want to call a good friend with very helpful advice (I certainly do!).
The service was excellent with a lovey breakfast in the garden by the pool and the laundry service was great and timely. The internet and power were solid in a town where both are luxuries right now. The location is convenient - a short taxi drive to most places, but not in the middle of things. So if that's a priority for you, it's definitely a consideration.

Date of stay: March 2015