WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #3 of 217 Accra B&B and Inns
London, England, United Kingdom
“La Paradise Inn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

I stayed here for 10 days in January and I have to say that I am more than impressed. It was my first trip to Ghana and I didn't know what to expect with anything and I can safely say; La Paradise Inn set the standard for everywhere else. We were greeted by Donna and Vitto at the airport (albeit that we were late getting out of departures), to be taken swiftly to the hotel, shown what's what as we drove through the local area. Donna and Vitto's hospitality was an absolute treat, if you wanted something, they would go out of their way to provide it for you, it definitely felt like they were closer friends you haven't seen in ages. Their staff members were just as friendly and attentive, making sure that everything was okay, or if you needed anything, but not to the degree that you felt smothered. The food that was cooked onsite as magnificent, everything being freshly prepared and cooked to your taste and on the last day of our trip (even though there was a minor power cut in the entire area), Donna had managed to cook myself and the other member of the party two HUGE T-bone's with chips and mushrooms, perfectly!

As for location, we were right near Joker's bar, which was perfect, close enough to shops and a pharmacy if we needed anything. There was a local beach, but that didn't tempt us, instead, we headed to Labadi Beach, a short 5 minute cab ride, costing about 4Ghana Cidi.

The rooms were fully air conditioned, with hot water, T.V. sets, refrigeration units and able to pick up WiFi and very homely.

I think my only gripe with the Hotel was the neighboring church which would have services every evening and once on a Sunday morning, but there is so much to do within a stone's throw that the church shouldn't be a problem.

I look forward to coming back to La Paradise Inn soon and seeing everyone again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Scott M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

I AM SO DISAPPOINTED and SHOCKED of how some PEOPLE can completely and dishonestly place negative reviews which are not even relevant and honest.
I was spending my day off today planning a return back at the la- paradise inn and looking at the current availability to call Vitto and Donna and book a vacation for the family when I came across this horrendous and untrue review of the hotel and I could not resist but to stand up on behalf of LA-PARADISE INN and defend them.

I am a beloved fan and patriot of LA- Paradise inn hotel and myself and my family have stayed there in 2009 and more recently last year and was going to request availability for June to then book a further stay with them.
Donna and Vitto are two most amazing people and myself and my family are glad to have met them. Their hotel is an inspiration of how with hard work and dedication one can achieve what they have achieved and they mean every word, from the moment you step inside the compound it's a true oasis and real tranquilility with an outstanding team behind them they do beyond their duty to make sure every guest is really looked after and made to feel at home.

The location is what I love about the hotel is so central to all amenities and Donna and Vitto cater for all your needs that nothing is ever missing.
The beach is close by and when we stayed last year I was surprised to find out that the local area surrounding la paradise is going through a major development with a new hotel been built. If this area was as terrible as mentioned why would other major developers take their hard earned money and invest!!!

I can go for ever but i will finally just add that the hard work that Vitto and Donna place on their hotel shows each and every time. la- paradise inn is an oasis in my eyes and it's a great place to relax and unwind.
I wish people would be honest in life and give credit when it's due.

Room Tip: All rooms are exceptional...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank LUXIRIA
Sawbridgeworth, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Shocked! The reviews, their website all says this place is and should be paradise but we were shocked to find when we got there it is not on the edge of a slum but right in the middle of it...
On the website they say that it is surrounded by shops and restaurants Which is simply NOT TRUE! It is situated in one of the worst areas in accra. The two minute walk to the beach it refers to is a walk straight to a slum and a dirt ridden beach. The people who run it seem very nice but i am disappointed that they have lied on their website. it is better to be honest and charge the right amount than create an illusion of grandeur that is all in their heads... Needless to say La-paradise inn is not what it says on the tin!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank KiwiB34
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

What a find! We couldn't have been happier nor better looked after. From the minute we were met at the airport by Kate to our departure several days later we can recommend the lot! From the good accommodation to the chilled setting with pool in a nice suburb of Accra near the beach, not forgetting Donna's amazing cooking and a steady supply of drinks! Donna, Victor and crew, thanks for a great stay and we hope to come and see you again soon!

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

its a wonderful hotel with the very best of hospitality, i went with my family and we all loved our stay including my children. the hotel is really lovely and its really home away from home. the rooms are comfortable and spacious and the location of the hotel is very good

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Concepta Chinen... M
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

The place - even though looks much better in the photographs- does have a certain home feeling to it. Run by a couple (A Ghanian lady and her European husband), it is great just for the fact that there's never any traffic jams around it. Location would have been even better but for the fact that the property between this place and the open sea has been cordoned off with a 7 foot sheet metal fence and therefore one can't get a view of the sea from here. Taxi service can be arranged by the hotel at CD 10.00 per hour. Donna the landlady is extremely friendly and absolutely amazing. Can't say the same about her husband Victor though.... Basically the property has one 2 B/R apartment, 3 two B/R apartments and one studio. The studio has the best view but comes without any kitchenette. The staff too is extremely friendly and helpful. All told a pleasant experience.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank VL1967
Antioch, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2012

This was my second trip to Ghana in three months and I elected to stay at the LA-Paradise Inn again and the reason is simple: they treat you like family at the Inn. Yes, it may not be the greatest location but hey it is Africa and I like being around the locals. This is the way you meet other people NOT like you. And for those critics that did not feel "safe strolling around the premises", probably would not "feel safe" anywhere outside thier own comfort zone. Very Friendly staff as always and oh yes you do not have to worry about "going" to church, church comes to you since it is right next door and on Sundays you get the whole sermon blasted to you which was ok with me since I need preaching to(hehe). Donna and Victor(owners) were only there the day I arrived since they were off to thier son's marriage(congrats), Kate and her crew as always treated me as the "king".

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo