“Excellent traditional cuisine (Naija and Ghana)”
Review of Buka

Buka
Ranked #23 of 288 Restaurants in Accra
Cuisines: African
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch
Reviewed October 7, 2013

The correct name for this restaurant is Buka and not Buku. Having said that, thinking about the restaurant makes me hungry. This is one of the very best places I have eaten traditional African food any where. Here they serve both Nigerian ( called Naija by the fun loving) and Ghanaian dishes. I never miss coming here whenever I am in Accra.

1  Thank Godsent007

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Great restaurant to really dive into the local cuisine.

Good service (though slow, I was with a big group). They have a lovely large deck you can eat on - but beware if you do not like heat! We had a table near the kitchen (open concept) - and it was extremely hot (even with all fans going).

Overall friendly, clean and interesting (and yummy) menu.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Not only did I decide to make Bukka my lunch place during my two weeks mission in Accra and ended up having almost daly lunch there, the restaurant is full of local business men and women and staff from international organisations, surrounded by a lively music, due to its location on the 2nd floor with a nice breeze and good food. From Nigerian, Ghanian and Indian food - you can get a wide variety. I had goat, lamb and beef made in various West African styles and really enjoyed it. Service is very friendly and quite efficient. Rest rooms have running water and were working well. Will return for sure.

1  Thank WorldtravellerFromDC
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Buka is my favourite place to go whenever I'm in Ghana. Their jollof and kelewele is to die for. ESP with goat meat stew, good grief. Not forgetting their gizzard and snails, the kind of food I would sell my mother for... No joke.

Buka's only downside is their terrible service which takes about 30mins - 1 hour. So you can only imagine that with such crap service my continuous trips to buka is mainly attributed to their extremely tasty food.

I once forgot my purse on my table, the next day went back and was handed my purse with ALL my items intact. That doesn't happen often in Ghana.

Don't forget your raw coconut to drink. Love buka xx

Renee.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

We had such a lovely dinner at this place. The waiter was extremely polite and friendly and gave us very good recommendations. The food took a long time to arrive (it is being prepared from scratch) but once it arrived, we had a heavenly feast. Plus, the location is very serene and peaceful as the place is just off the busy street. Would definitely recommend this place and come back there again.