“Awesome place for Spanish food”
Review of Toro Tapas Bar

Toro Tapas Bar
Ranked #15 of 277 Restaurants in Accra
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: It took forever for Tapas Fever to hit Western Africa, but this spot in Afrikiko makes up for all those years. As the city's first Spanish tapas bar, Toro Tapas Bar fills a culinary niche. Quintessentially Spanish, our fresh and exciting menu offers something for everyone. With dishes from the sea, the field and the garden our tapas dishes are sincerely Spanish and our paella's always deliver on flavour.
Bengaluru, India
“Awesome place for Spanish food”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Home away from home food typically Spanish, loved the "Paella de verduras picante" which is
Traditional spanish hot and spicy veggle rice. Must try thhome made dessert "Crema catalana:
Custard with a thin layer of crispy caramel" one of my favourites.

Service was wonderful, with pleasant waiters and atmosphere was cozy and comfortable.
The manager was exceptionnal and charming. Would love to visit again next time and recommend for anyone who wants to try authetic spanish cuisine or simply try something new!

• Visited November 2012

Toronto, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing time and food!!”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I loved my time at Toro Tapas Bar. The service was great and really quick. Food was amazing I loved the variety of food they had there. Also the atmosphere and setting was really nice. I definitely enjoyed how the management was also going around and greeting guests making sure everyone was having a good time. I would definitely recommend this to travellers.

• Visited May 2012
London
“Wow. A must eat at place if there ever was one”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

What an amazing location, atmosphere and the food was just mouthwatering. In the back of a location with plenty of other restaurants this is a hidden gem. Spanish Tapas in Accra and I must say it is better than any I have had in London. I was told that the staff was trained by a Spaniard and it shows. Chorizo and beef in blue cheese with octopus in vinegar were just fewof the top dishes, I am hungry thinking about it and the mojito was just simply outstanding. Service was attentive and the manager sent out a personal uv mosquito catching machine for my table on seeing that I was bothered by them without me having to ask for it. Now that is attention to detail. Recommend to all that travel here. Food is slightly on the expensive side but tastes so good that you don't mind.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Good food & nice ambience”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Decided to try Toro Tapas in Afrikiko for a lite business lunch today, great choice of Tapas on the "menu" - actually on the tablet instead of on paper, I didnt expect that in Accra. The selection is good, Vege, Meat, Seafood etc and the taste is pretty good too. Service was a little slow eventhough we were the only guests but the ambience and the tasty food more than make up for it. Well worth a try, even if it is a little on the pricey side.

Mexico City, Mexico
“Nice service, nice food”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I've to say that I like afrikiko, so first the location for Toros is very good, the tapas are also very good, They have several options and well prepared, and tasty. The "Piquitos de solomillo" is one of my favorites.

The place have a nice "Spanish" ambiance, Last time I seated inside and I was surprise to hear some spanish music like ketama, kiko veneno, some flamenco, etc. I also have a good surprise when I noted that one of the waiters was learning Spanish, I have a nice time making her practice her Spanish :)