“excellent service, great food”

Toro-Spanish Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 305 Restaurants in Accra
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: It took forever for Tapas Fever to hit Western Africa, but this spot in Afrikiko makes up for all those years. As the city's first Spanish tapas bar, Toro Tapas Bar fills a culinary niche. Quintessentially Spanish, our fresh and exciting menu offers something for everyone. With dishes from the sea, the field and the garden our tapas dishes are sincerely Spanish and our paella's always deliver on flavour.
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Stopped here by chance when on a brief layover in Accra. It was just after Halloween and a Saturday night so they were getting ready to have a big party. The waitress was great, and helped steer towards a great deal on buy one get one beers. The local was good. The tapas was really lovely, I enjoyed each one very much, I had the option for 3. The staff however, was really something, the manager came over and asked us how everything was and if we were going to stay or come back for the party. My colleague was going to walk me back to the hotel to grab a taxi to airport, the manager said, come back and I will waive the cover for the party. Really nice.

Reviewed December 25, 2012

Two experiences here both good. Food is superb, the aubergine (eggplant) chipps with feta and honey and the beef in blue cheese are the best. No alcohol for the wife and I, so can't comment on that, but the non-alcoholic cocktail was great. Service good. We definitely do the tapas, three or so plates apiece and then split, I'm not sure why you'd go to a tapas bar and then get main dishes. To find this place, tell the taxi driver Afrikiko, which is a large 'park' full of restauraunts, the tapas bar is in the back. Nobody seems to know about it. Definitely worth it. Watch out for the 7 cedi 'service charge' on the lunch special. I thought that was a little low.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

The place is nice and so is the food. If the selection of the food was more varied, it would have been wonderful.
The drinks was limited and the mixer not up to par. To be called a bar, the mixers need much improvement.

1  Thank JungleTraveller
Viveak M, Owner at Toro-Spanish Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Hi
Thank you for your patronage and the time taken to write us this feedback.

I would like to mention that we have a variety of Tapas in the Veg meat and \Seafood section and are constantly adding and enhancing our menu on a regular basis. We recently introduced a host of vegetarian tapas and they have been a huge hit with the guests. We like to provide the best quality of food and hence do not unnecessarily overcrowd the menu with sub par food items without properly testing the same.

We will work on the drinks section and hope to have something better next time. You would like to know that we have introduced the award winning InEdit beer which is only available at Toro Tapas Bar exclusively and Mahou a very popular beer from Madrid to our menu. Please do not hesitate in contacting me at gm@torotapas.com if you have any suggestions.

Regards
Viveak

Reviewed November 28, 2012

I've been to all the good European style restaurants in Accra but that's the one I enjoy mostly. There is a major (and unusual) mistake made by Trip Adisor: Toro is within a complex named Afrikiko where there are 3 restaurants but they are of different style, food, ownership and management.
So what I am writing is regarding that great Spanish resturant named TORO. Spanish food is not well known in Ghana and most of my Ghanean friends were very surprised to learn that the best restaurant in the world according to all the top food and wine magazines in the recent years was in Spain: El Bulli with Chef Ferran Adria.
Toro offers a large selection of small but very tasty dishes called "tapas": it's fun because you can try many! I tried very many and all were great. I need to mention the wines: Spain has great wines (I'm French, not Spanish!) and the selection here is great; prices are friendly for Ghana.
The owner is a truly nice man, multilingual. Service is very friendly.
Run there to spend a great time.

1  Thank HGBParis
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Beautiful decor; Food is as beautiful. You will enjoy the ambiance and the friendly service. Good Food Good night out!!