“Best restaurant for sea food lovers”

Captain Hook's Restaurant
Ranked #51 of 277 Restaurants in Accra
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Captain hook's is famous for fresh seafood like Lobster Prawns Calamari Shrimps Grouper and many more Not only seafood the menu will over you Beef Chicken and Pasta and many more
Tema, Ghana
“Best restaurant for sea food lovers”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Captain Hooks is the best sea food restaurant in Accra. The portions here are huge...it can easily feed 2 to 4 people. The fish, lobster, thermidor is excellent here. The staffs are friendly and care taking. The place inside is well decorated so that you can feel that you are on the ship in the sea. In nutshell, you'd love this place, if you are a sea food lover.

• Visited February 2012

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
“Decent seafood”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

The portions here are huge...the seafood/fish platter can easily feed 2 very hungry people or up to 4 averagely hungry people. The fish is all excellent, have it grilled and you wont go wrong. The Lobster Thermidor was good too, but there seemed to be more sauce than Lobster - rather opt for the fish platter. Prices here are steep for local standards but the quality can certainly back it - Im sure you can get the same type of seafood at cheaper prices but Captain Hooks is a good bet.

• Visited December 2012
Bonn, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
“Best seafood I had in Accra”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Captain Hooks is a nice seafood restaurant in Accra, I have learned.
So we went there to give it a try.

In any case, if you are hungry, try the seafood platter! Great!

The employees are friendly and caretaking, so we had enough drinks all the time. I have also tried a steak, and you can do nothing wrong with that, too.
I will definitely be there on my next trip to Ghana again.

Even if the prices are higher than in other restaurants in Accra, you should give it a try. It is better to book a table on the weekends.

• Visited August 2012
Accra, Ghana
“A pleasant experience in Africa”
Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

I took the family to celebrate my wife's birthday.
Pre booking is a must as this place is popular.
We arrived, they seatedus, took drinks orders and insured the kids were served first. For those with kids, it's always a good idea to feed the kids quickly that you can look through the menu in piece. The meal came very quickly, we were most surprised. The starters were large portions and the main meal was huge.
Despite the size of the portions, the food was very good. The steaks were complimented and the sea food was very well prepared. The tables across from us had the crayfish which they claimed was of the best I'm Accra.
We had a great time, the atmosphere was lovely, the food good, and the service was probably the best I've experienced in Ghana.

London, United Kingdom
“Good food, but pricey”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I came here for dinner with a work colleague. The food and service were good, and I could not fault them. The portions were generous in size, and I was glad I hadn't ordered a starter, and certainly had no room for desert. I ordered the deep friend grouper, and it was delicious. The meal was quite expensive though, similar to prices I pay in London.

The restaurant is large, but has numerous rooms, which means that it retains some atmosphere, and doesn't feel cavernous. I imagine it would be great for parties.

• Visited October 2012