All reviewspool sidespg memberfrench speakingomeletvipwipersonnel
Reviewed June 6, 2010

Actually, knowing you are in africa, it may be not too bad anyway. As i can only talk about 3rd floor rooms, just try to avoid them, need to be renovated. The Hotel Staff is mostly nice, but somehow i get the impression very slow at the same time. They do have a good pool area, but do not look to close into the beacharea. It is the dirtiest beach i have ever seen.

• Stayed: April 2010
Pascal30, Manager at Le Meridien Re-Ndama, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2010

Dear Frueglingsgold

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review regarding your experience in our hotel.

I will share your valuable comments with the rest of the team in order to find solution on improving our speed. Regarding the front beach I share the same frustration and I will send your review to the town authority that hopefully will help to solve this issue.

we hope to see you soon in our hotel

Regards
Pascal Fouquet

Reviewed April 23, 2010

I read all the reviews of the Meridien before I left and was expecting something awful. After staying in quite a few hotels in West Afirca this was by no means the worse. Majority of staff were friendly and helpful, breakfast was fine, corridors smelt a bit musty but room was ok, food and drink was expensive but that's Libreville. No where near as bad as suggested - after all it is Africa.

Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 20, 2010

very poor check in
room dirty and humid .
hotel to avoid

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 27, 2010

Prices are ridiculously high, that would not be a problem if at least you got something for it. But this is what you get: a dirty room, that smells like a moldy locker room at a gym, no toilet paper, towels, whatsoever. Don't even dream about a fridge/minibar! Asked 3 times for it, no success. The breakfast is not included in the room price, you can have it for "only" about 32 USD. The staff hardly speaks english, and those that do are rude. Positive thing to mention would be the gym, but guess what: it's also an extra. I've been to several other hotels around Africa, but this is far the worst I have ever seen!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Gabeszgabesz
Reviewed January 19, 2010

Terrible, rude staff, they only speak french or very little english, I expect more of front desk staff.
Mold in 80% of the rooms. I stay there once a month on business and have to change rooms at least every 2nd time.
A/C is in bad condition, if it works at all. Probably the reason for mold.
Bathrooms very simple, yet clean.
Beds comfortable and clean.
Carpet nasty.
Bad smell (Acetone/Paint smell) on the floors close to where they are renovating. Reception cannot make calls outside of the hotel (e.g. to the harbor, restaurants, leisure facilities...) I was told their phones are blocked, only certain numbers are set free like police, hospital etc. I would have to use my room phone which would cost me 5$/min. No concierge available to help (at least not at any time I was there).
Pool area is very nice with new furniture and nice little eating are. Menu ok.
The staff as usual for Africa slow and inefficient.
Breakfast buffet is ok, nice choice of fruit. Food in general is pretty good and prices are not cheap but acceptable.
The free internet in the reception area mostly doesnt work.
I would most definitely recommend to Meridien to rethink their choice of giving this hotel their name. They need to double check in on the front desk personnel and their attitude. THAT is not what I expect from a Starwood Hotel. I can expect friendliness and professional behaviour even in Africa. The front desk is the first impression. Unfortunately its the only nicer hotel in this area and the best you can get there.
Overall, its ok and recommendable if you need to go to Libreville. Make sure you bring a french dictionary. :)

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business