“OK, but no more”

Ranked #16 of 17 Hotels in Libreville
Nairobi
“OK, but no more”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Despite being probably the best hotel in Libreville, it is still at best OK, a 3. Old building, weak air conditioning, bar out of stock of bar food and beer and wine! Service is OK and the gym is quite good. Nice setting on the ocean but no usable beach. Pool restaurant better than the inside restaurant, with good food but slow service. As everything else in Gabon, much too richly priced

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
SemiKH, Responsable commercial at Le Meridien Re-Ndama, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
Dear Nairobijo,

We would like to thank you for your useful review and we will share it with all of our team.
This comment will help us to improve our service, especially regarding the restaurant Olamba and the stock of the bar.

We are also planning the full renovation of our hotel in a short term.

We hope to see you again very soon.

Director of Sales

Best Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Lagos, Nigeria
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

Didn't really expect so much from the hotel but carrying the Le Meridien brand, I at least expected it to be a bit better.

Almost has the feel of an apartment complex rather than a hotel. Really old building with ageing infrastructure.

Great service from staff though

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
SemiKH, Responsable commercial at Le Meridien Re-Ndama, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Good Morning,

We would like to thank you for taking time to share your experience about Le Méridien Re-Ndama.
We really appreciate your positive comments about our services and we will continue to improve it.
Regarding our old bulding, we are planning the full renovation of our hotel in a short term.

We hope to welcome and to serve you again very soon.

Director of Sales
Reviewed May 17, 2014

I recently had to stay in Libreville for 2 weeks and the Meridien Re-Ndama was the most convenient and affordable hotel in my situation because it is not far from the city center where I had to work, so although it has a lot of negative reviews I decided to book this hotel.
As I have traveled a lot in different countries of Africa and other continents I was not disappointed by the quality of the accommodation, probably because I was prepared to find it in really bad shape.
It is true that for the price, if you compare to other destinations, you could have really better rooms, but in Libreville you just won't have a better choice in my opinion.
Comments about my stay :
1) they gave me a SPG room, I dont't know how are the non SPG room but this one was pretty big, so in case you are not yet a SPG member you'd better enroll in their customer loyalty program.
2) the bedroom was clean, although tired but clean.
3) the bathroom has a bath, first of all it's an old model, with a curtain that allows to use it as a shower. The head shower itself is old and won't really help if you expect a pleasant distressing shower after work day. In my bath there was a bathtub plug with a rusty chain and a lot of rust stains on the bathtub at the place where the plug was disposed, it's a little bit disgusting and for the price of the room, they could afford renewing some basic items like the head shower and the bathtub plug.
4) the food is good , I enjoyed the breakfast and the dinner in the hotel, the price was a little bit high though.
5) the room doesn't provide enough electrical outlets : all of them are already taken either by the TV, mini-bar or lamps, so I had to unplug the lamp near the desk to be able to plug my laptop, and I had to unplug the minibar to take the multiple plug shared with the TV so that I can charge my phone on the plug used by the lamp near the bed.

Room Tip: If you are not yet Starwood Prefered Guest, you should apply to their customer loyalty program as it...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
SemiKH, Responsable commercial at Le Meridien Re-Ndama, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear Fabrice P,

We would like to thank you for taking time to share your review about Le Méridien Re-Ndama.
Regarding the rooms, we are planning the full renovation of our hotel in a short term.
Thank you for your positive comment about the food, we will share it with our Chef and our team.

We hope to welcome and to serve you again very soon.

Loango National Park, Gabon
Reviewed February 10, 2014

If I had been blindfolded at Libreville airport and taken to this hotel there is no way I would have known that this hotel belonged to the Le Merdian group. Having said that it is unfortunately one of the better hotels in Libreville so that probably says more about the place than the hotel. So if you want an overpriced room that would struggle to get 3 star rating anywhere else this is the place for you!

Room Tip: Make sure you book in advance it may not be great but it is busy.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
SemiKH, Responsable commercial at Le Meridien Re-Ndama, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Good Morning,

Thank you very much for your review about our hotel and I was sorry to read the poor experience that you have encounter during your stay with us. Please accept our sincere apologise. Also regarding our hotel, we are planning the full renovation and the hotel will be totally redone.

We hope to see you again very soon.

Best Regars,

Muscat
Reviewed February 10, 2014

ok so it's a little tired, a little shabby and rough, but there are plans I think to renovate this year. I stayed for quite a while (+2 months). Although the rooms are quite dated, the beds I have had were very comfortable. The breakfasts are good, the dinner buffets are as well, although I do miss the outdoor poolside buffet which I used to enjoy but appear to have been stopped. Most of the staff are nice and friendly once you try a little french. The pool is nice and normally very quiet apart from weekend afternoons. Some of the outdoor pool and patio staff could do with smiling and actually serving a bit more. Internet is now much better than when I first arrived. It is quite expensive though and quite how they can justify the price of a bottle of Regab is beyond me.
All in all though, not too bad for where it is.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
SemiKH, Responsable commercial at Le Meridien Re-Ndama, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Good Morning,

We would like to thank for taking time to share your review about Le Méridien Re-Ndama.
We have noted with pleasure your positive comment about the breakfast, the dinner and our friendly team. We also thank you for having to notice the improvement of our internet service. The buffet at Eliwa Restaurant, poolside, will be done during the dry season from June to September and we will continue to improve our service.
As you said, we are planning the full renvoation of our hotel and all of our rooms will be totally redone.

We hope to welcome and to serve again very soon.

USA
Reviewed February 2, 2014

This hotel is located on the main road but not in the center of the town where the shopping is. But not far away either and can be walked or a quick taxi. On a normal review, I would not give this hotel a couple of stars at the most. It is truly overpriced, not very well taken care of, completely worn out and not that comfortable. But this is Africa. I have been to almost every country on the continent. The prices are very expensive for ALL HOTELS. Why? Because only tourists and business people stay in them because the general African population certainly does not. Therefore they completely jack up the prices and the services and amenities are usually not that good. But the place is secure. Security in Africa is worth a fortune because every single person there that sees a foreigner sets their sights on separating you from the money you have in your pocket, no matter how little. This hotel is fairly secure. Not perfectly secure but pretty secure and safe feeling for the 2 days I was there.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
SemiKH, Responsable commercial at Le Meridien Re-Ndama, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Good evening,

We are planning the full renovation of our hotel in 2014 and we will improve our product and our service as well to welcome and to serve you in a better condition.
Would you please accept our sincere apologise.

Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

Positives: airport shuttle, WiFi, lobby, slippers
Negatives: outdated interior, evidence of water damage, dirty sheets (read mold), unclear water from tap, ants, no Ethernet connection in the room, electrical sockets that aren't properly installed into the wall.
The LeMeridian is not on par
Positives: lobby, WiFi, slippers, room size
Negatives: ants, dirty linen (read mold on the pillowcase, yellow stains on sheets,outdated interior, water damage, electrical sockets that come out the wall, pre pay, no Ethernet outlet
This Le Meridian is not keeping up with brand standards. I'll admit I was worried after I read the reviews and I wanted to stay at Le Cristal but sigh it was booked. Since this hotel was on my company's list of approved hotels I figured it couldn't be too bad. The hotel is located next to a sketchy patch of beach but I already decided I would stick by the pool...no big deal. The lobby was very nice and I was thinking maybe the reviewers got it wrong. Then I headed to my room on the neglected Starwood preferred guest floor. The water damage outside the room was foreshadowing of the joy to come. A 1970 blue tile bathroom and equally dreadful drapes. The water damage on the wall was painted over with yellow paint and bulging outwards. I killed two ants by the tea selection and decided it wasn't the best place to keep my bags. I pull back the sheets and they're dirty. I called to get them changed..No luck. To top it all off they made me pre pay at check-in despite my vehement disapproval as my card is already on file so I can't jump ship to a better hotel. The straw that broke the camel's back is the lack of an Ethernet cable. How on earth am I going to setup my Apple TV now? Thankfully it's just for one day and I can suck it up. Being in Africa is no excuse for poor standards. I've been to an African Hilton and it's on par with American Hiltons. So the lower your expectations pep talk should never be given as advice when staying at a brand that considers itself 4 star. Needless to say, I'll book in advance and stay at a top rated hotel if I ever come back.

• Stayed February 2014
Good evening,

We would like to thank you for your review and please accept our sincere apologise about the poor experience that you have encounter during your stay with us. We are in progress to enhance Ethernet in our guest rooms, we are planning the full renovation of our hotel as well.
We will advice to resolve ASAP the water damage. Once again would you please accept our sincere apologise and we hope to see you again to have the opportunity to give you a better experience.

Director Of Sales

Travelers are raving about these Libreville hotels