“Room not ready, long wait”

Le Meridien Re-Ndama
Ranked #16 of 17 Hotels in Libreville
Houston, Texas
“Room not ready, long wait”
Reviewed December 28, 2011

Arrived in the late afternoon and my room wasn't ready for 3 hrs. Long wait in the restaurant...... Front desk staff not helpful (seemed overworked and exhausted). I ended up with a smoking room (though non-smoking had been recommended) which stank and lead to poor sleep. Hoping to stay elsewhere next time....

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Helen W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Reviewed November 22, 2011

I recently stayed at the Le Meridien for my first visit to Gabon. I chose this hotel because I had just spent a week in the Picadilly Meridien. I checked in at 7pm and had to wait until 9pm for my room to be ready. The hotel is old and needs updating. The staf was unfriendly, did not all speak English as one comment mentioned. I feel better value can be found at other hotels( I moved hotel next day and still enjoying my choice). The only thing this hotel has in common with their London counterpart is rooms rate.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank Philwaust
Pascal30, Public Relations Manager at Le Meridien Re-Ndama, responded to this review, November 25, 2011
Hello Phhiwaust

Thanks for your feedback during your stay in LM Libreville and I was sorry to read about your experience in our hotel and please accept our apologise. We will share this review with all our staff in order to improve our service and guest experience. This month we did run internally a smiling contest to encourage them to smile and we also finally got some better internet connection with fibre optique. Operating in this part of the world is extremely expensive as all need to be imported to a very high price. As you have notice Libreville is one of the most expensive city in the world but this is the only comparaison that you can do with London.

We hoe to see you soon in Libreville and do not hesite to contact me directly for your next reservation

Belgrade, Serbia
Reviewed September 30, 2011

The best hotel in Libreville.
Renewed, comfortable and nice. Very charming hotel, feel as welcomed and respectable guest.
Had fantastic 2 days rest when Air France book room for me due to denied boarding.
Friendly and very helpful staff. All speaking english.
Rooms comfortable, clear and very good equipped. Like masks on the walls.
Swimming pool is very good, restaurant excellent. Food variety and quality excellent.
Bar extrenly expensive, many good restaurants and bars around, not far to walk.
Every next visit Libreville will book La Meridien.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Pascal30, General Manager at Le Meridien Re-Ndama, responded to this review, October 4, 2011
Hi Brenaluka

Thanks very much for your feedback and I aml glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us.
I will share your comments with the rest of team and hope to see you soon in Libreville

Libreville
Reviewed August 15, 2011

This hotel may be dated and in need of some tender loving care, but it is the place to be in Libreville. The General Manager and his staff are very helpful, for the most part, and will listen to issues and concerns. You can see the GM answers reviews personally! Not usual for hotel GMs.

I lived here for a few months and while I found the room service to be fair, try the rooms on the seaside. Get a bed that doesn’t have the air con blowing at you while you sleep.
The bathroom products are very nice and the seaside location very nice. Have a beer in the poolside bar. And, what I really like about this hotel – the breakfast buffet (love those crepes!) and the Tues night cocktail hour. Why don’t more hotels around the world do this complementary fabulous idea…makes me want to stay again!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Pascal30, General Manager at Le Meridien Re-Ndama, responded to this review, August 16, 2011
Hello Queryquer

Thaks for sahring your experience at le meridien Libreville and I am glad despite our inperfection that you enjoy your stay with us. I will share this review with the staff (of course I willtranslate it.)

Looking forward to see you on tuesday night to share a drink.

Pascal
Libreville, Gabon
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Nice Hotel in the heart of Libreville/Gabun in tropical Africa, nice Staff, Pool Terrace with Sea View, Gym and a Management that cares about their Guests..!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Andre K
Bom Dia Senhor

Thank you for your review and feedback. I will share with the rest of team and fitness center as I am sure that they will be glad that you have enjoy the facilty.

Hope to meet you next time in Libreville to have a run together

Lusaka
Reviewed August 10, 2011

I dont normally write reviews on the trip advisor as iI feel most hotels try to do their best. However, my experience at the Le Meridian in Gabon should be known to all interested. It was the worst hotel experience of my life. The hotel is old and decrepit, the toilet smelled of pee (like a public toilet ) and the service was just terrible, I have no other words to describe it. Some staff (please note not all) were the rudest I have ever come across. I would have been better off sleeping in the streets!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank suzie o
Pascal30, General Manager at Le Meridien Re-Ndama, responded to this review, August 11, 2011
Bonjour

Thanks you for your review and feedback regarding your stay in the hotel and I was sorry to read about your experience. Please accept my sincere apologise. It will have been great to let me know those points during your stay so we could have corrected it and I am sure that you will
have been able to enjoy your stay in our hotel despite his old age. Looking forward to see you again and prove you that you can enjoy le meridien re-ndama

Pascal Fouquet

Travelers are raving about these Libreville hotels

Guarda, Portugal
Reviewed July 27, 2011

As a sports animal I was immediately drawn on the hotel's sports facilities. The fitness center offers a wide assortment of weights + fitness equipment, tarmac on the tennis courts is also in shape and the swimming pool ain't overbleached. I also met friendly staff, prepared to go that extra mile! And sometimes they had to endure my painstaking demands! I reckon the the hotel needs some revamping cause aging is breaking in.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the simple but cozy waterfront rooms