“Great friendly guest house” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Z Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Addis Ababa
Z Guest House
You added Z Guest House to your Saves list
Ranked #17 of 177 Addis Ababa B&B and Inns
Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom
“Great friendly guest house”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

The owners and the two young ladies who run the place can`t do enough to make you feel welcome, the rooms are simple and homely, spotlessly clean with ensuite facilities, television & fridge stocked with soft drinks & beer at a reasonable price, and there is a nice breakfast in the morning. The location is good on a quiet road about a ten minute walk to restaurants and bars and within walking distance to Piazza ect.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank paulinhenley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I had a relaxing time at this wonderful guesthouse.
The owners are very helpful, the garden beautiful and it is a good experience to stay in a residential area away from the tourists.
There are attractions like the university and museums nearby.
I would highly recommend this choice.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank susanweinert
Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I stayed at Z guest House for one month in November 2012. I thoroughly enjoyed my visit and would recommend staying here.

My single room suite contained a double bed, tv, ensuite shower room and fridge.

Accommodation was extremely clean and comfortable. Breakfast was very good, with excellent local coffee.
Guest house owners and staff are very friendly, and willing to help book taxi's travel advice etc.

A home away from home.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

It was almost by accident that I found Z Guest House. This small guest house run by a local family is a perfect spot near Addis Ababa University and the National Museum in Ethiopia. The 3 single rooms and the 2 appartments are really worth it if you have to visit "the Capital of the African Union". Breakfast warmly served, any inconvenience solved, and always a smile!!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank renatohc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Z Guest House is a great guest house in a great area, stroll to museums, the Lion Zoo, St Georgis, Piaza, Selassie bet and much more. A nice market on the corner.
The couple who run the guest house are very nice and helpfull and the girls who look after the place do a great job.
I have only good things to say about this place and will be staying there again, I have recomended it to others who have stayed there.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank ReubenAddis
Copenhagen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

I can highly recommend Z Guest House. No-doubt one of the nicest places I have stayed in Africa and I’ve been around;-)

Cute and clean family business. Reliable people with whom you can put your guard down in a relaxing urban setting. The first day the owner got me a sim card, so I could do my business and helped me with their African connection internet;-)
The owner, Mr Tardezy, recommended an english speaking driver, Mekonen, who turned out to become a good friend making my stay smooth and easy -and having a super fun time. Again a good trustworthy person.
The owner of the guesthouse even helped me get in contact with business contacts threw his family network.

All in all Z Guest House is my kind of 5 star accommodation, because they where able to understand me needs and willing to help me out, so I got the very best out of my stay in Addis.

Room Tip: If you want to feel part of the family, who should ask for one of the rooms inside the house.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Iben D
Lancaster, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

We tried to book Z's guest house in december but the manager informed us that it was fully booked but told us that we could stay at an affiliate guest house that was very similar for the same price apparently called D's guest house for the same price of 35 dollars a night. The airport pick up was fine but the accomodation was terrible for the price we paid. The property we stayed at had a different name on the side of the building and seemed at least a further mile down gabreselaasie road than the property shown on wikimap. Leading me to beleive that it wasnt the one we were supposed to be staying at.

Z's guest house is advertised as a cosy friendly house, this place was the polar opposite. The room was dark and tiny and the showers cold, the tv had one channel (etv) though you wouldnt want to spend any time in the room anyway, Breakfast didnt arrive on the first day and was inedible the second day(stale dry bread and very cold, hard scrambled eggs). When we asked where we were supposed to eat breakfast we were told the stairwell. There was nobody around the property, no reception and no outside areas, Also the area around the property seemed quite popular with prostitutes.

We stayed in Addis two times more on our trip and the accomodation was far superior for less money. We are used to basic accomodation but that is not the issue Z's guest house may be what it advertises on its website. But the accomodation we recieved was nothing like that. I emailed Z's to inform them of my opinion of there accomodation and received a very brief acknowledgement and no explanation. Therefore I decided to write this review. So I would say that Z's may well be a decent guest house but be very careful if you are offered alternative accomodation.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple