“Favorite restaurant in Addis! ”
Review of Abucci Restaurant

Abucci Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 364 Restaurants in Addis Ababa
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed July 12, 2016 via mobile

Abucci has amazing Italian food and the restaurant itself is beautiful. It's the best Italian restaurant I found in 2 years living in East Africa. I highly recommend the pastas and risotto with the caprese or beet salad to start. I would suggest calling ahead because it can get filled up.

Date of visit: July 2016
Write a reviewReviews (254)

Reviewed June 9, 2016

Had a fantastic business dinner here last night. As always - a superb experience. Great food, good wine, nice service and lovely ambiance, Excellent!

Date of visit: June 2016
Martina M, Manager at Abucci Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2016

Dear lbadanboy,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of your evening with us.

I am pleased you had such a great experience and found everything to be spot on!

I will be sure to pass on your wonderful comments to the entire team and I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Best regards

Reviewed June 8, 2016 via mobile

My friends made a reservation for my birthday dinner for four but we were disappointed that we couldn't sit where we wanted. the service was slow. But the food was great. The customer service needs work.

Date of visit: June 2016

Dear Hellen S,

Thank you for taking time to leave a review of your dinner with us.

I am glad you found the food great and I am happy that we also managed to prepare dessert surprise for your birthday.

As I recall we have booked one of our best tables for you and your friends inside the restaurant, that’s why I’m sorry to hear you were disappointed with our choice.
Unfortunately the restaurant was fully booked on that evening and that gave us limited options to move you to another table, although we managed to arrange a table for you outside as you requested at the end.

I hope that we might have the pleasure of your return, so that we are able to ensure you have a more memorable and enjoyable experience.

Kind regards

Reviewed May 26, 2016

Abucci is probably the closest thing to fine dining that we experienced in Addis. Delicious Italian food. Piano and fireplace in the downstairs seating area. Upstairs loft seating, as well as outdoor available. Very good soups.

Date of visit: May 2016
2  Thank Kathy V
Martina M, Manager at Abucci Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2016

Dear Kathy V,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review.

I am delighted you found the food delicious and your fine dining experience enjoyable.

People can indeed enjoy their meal either inside or outside in the terrace or on the balcony on the first floor, which is a great option for dining as long as the weather is acceptable.

I look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit, and I hope we have the pleasure soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed May 25, 2016

Great Italian food, authentic but pricey. Good if you have been away from home comforts for a while and want something upmarket

Date of visit: May 2016

Dear nadyakay2016,

Thank you for taking time to review our restaurant.

I am pleased you found the food great and authentic – “Italian gem” is a lovely compliment indeed.

I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back next time you are in Addis.

Best regards