“Fine dining Addis style”
Review of Abucci Restaurant

Abucci Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 365 Restaurants in Addis Ababa
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed May 26, 2016

Abucci is probably the closest thing to fine dining that we experienced in Addis. Delicious Italian food. Piano and fireplace in the downstairs seating area. Upstairs loft seating, as well as outdoor available. Very good soups.

2  Thank Kathy V
Martina M, Manager at Abucci Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2016

Dear Kathy V,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review.

I am delighted you found the food delicious and your fine dining experience enjoyable.

People can indeed enjoy their meal either inside or outside in the terrace or on the balcony on the first floor, which is a great option for dining as long as the weather is acceptable.

I look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit, and I hope we have the pleasure soon.

Restaurant Manager

Write a reviewReviews (254)

Reviewed May 25, 2016

Great Italian food, authentic but pricey. Good if you have been away from home comforts for a while and want something upmarket

Dear nadyakay2016,

Thank you for taking time to review our restaurant.

I am pleased you found the food great and authentic – “Italian gem” is a lovely compliment indeed.

I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back next time you are in Addis.

Best regards

Reviewed May 21, 2016

We made reservations before our arrival, so we were quickly seated at a beautiful indoor table. There were many different and attractive entrees available on the menu, so it was hard to choose, but based on recommendations I had seen on Trip Advisor, I chose to begin with the beet root, goat cheese, and walnut salad. Best thing I've ever eaten in the city of Addis Ababa. To. Die. For. I also went with the recommendation of pumpkin ravioli for my entree and my husband chose the veal shank. Both were delectable. The meat was so tender, my husband was able to cut it with his fork. Simply exquisite. We ended the night with dessert and I can highly recommend the poached pears with cinnamon ice cream. The staff were attentive and friendly. The restaurant is beautifully decorated and I was impressed at the volume of the background music- just enough to hear if you were quiet, but did not get in the way of any conversation. Many people on here complain about the cost, but I found the prices no more than Olive Garden in the States, yet you are at a fine dining restaurant with perfectly excellent culinary masterpieces. So worth it! We recommend a visit, especially for a special occasion. You won't be sorry.

3  Thank Enat3
Martina M, Manager at Abucci Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2016

Dear Enat3,

What an absolute delight to read your wonderful review!

I am over the moon you have enjoyed your evening with us so much and actually with the help of the Trip Advisor chose the dishes and found them all exquisite!

I am also pleased you felt the service was attentive and friendly, after all, apart from enjoyable meal, this is one of the most important things for the restaurant to provide.

It is great you enjoyed the ambiance as well and found everything good and reasonable value on top! These are all fantastic comments and I will make sure they are circulated to the team.

Thank you for awarding us your top score and recommending us, we hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed May 19, 2016

Abucci was highly recommended to us, so we went for a dinner with high expectations. The starters and mains were good, though not stand-out. It is worth calling ahead to reserve a table inside. There were numerous vegetarian options, and the local wine was well priced. We would go again, though not seek it out for a special occasion.

Date of visit: February 2016
1  Thank Tom M

Dear Tom M,

Thank you for leaving the review of your evening with us.

I am really pleased you decided to come through recommendation and found enough vegetarian options to choose from and price of the local wine good value on top.

Thank you for awarding us your top score and we are looking forward to seeing you again - hopefully soon.

Best regards

Reviewed May 19, 2016

We didn't have a reservation so we had to sit outside, although the inside seemed to have space. The appetizers were great (beet/goat cheese), but the main pastas were OK - nothing to write home about. The biggest kick was that we had brought 2 bottles of our own wine, and when we asked about the corking fee the waitress said 500ETB ($25 USD). Well, I have paid about 200ETB per bottle before, so I didn't think it was too outrageous. When we got the bill it was 500ETB per bottle!!! The manager said that was the price, and would not budge even though we were misinformed. This really spoiled our evening and we won't be going back - OK food and overpriced, not a great combination.

Date of visit: March 2016

Dear Dileep K,

Thank you for taking time to review our restaurant.

I am pleased you enjoyed your appetizers and thought they were great although we have not impressed you with main courses just as much.

I do apologize about misunderstanding with regards to our corkage fees, yes we do charge ETB 500 per bottle of wine. I am sorry this led into your evening being spoiled.

It is also advisable to make dinner reservation, as we tend to book out fast, and although it might have not seemed as the restaurant was full at the moment of your arrival, people book at different times and we have to make sure that table they had booked is available for them.
I personally make sure that if there is space inside the restaurant we always offer indoor seating first.

None the less, I am very sorry if you left us anything short of delighted and satiated and I do hope you will give us another chance and we can have the pleasure of welcoming you back.