See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 26, 2017

A group of us from the Cape Bird Club were put up at this hotel by Ethiopian Airlines when we missed our connecting flight. I had expected a "dive" given the name, but it really was very pleasant. The room was a good size and clean and airy, with a balcony that overlooked what must be the last open space in central Addis Ababa. The bed was comfortable. It was just fine for an overnight stay or if you want a few days in the city. We walked to some shops nearby and generally enjoyed our short stay. The food in the restaurant was also tasty.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the front of the hotel
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2017

I spent almost 3 months at the beer garde Inn. I had the opportunity to move to newer or nicer hotels, but the choice for me to stay was because it's in a very safe neighbourhood. I could walk around alone at night. there's many many different types of restaurants and coffe shops. There a Mall (Edna mall) and also the main office for Ethiopian Airlines so that when I had to change my tickets I walked in and took care of it.

Room Tip: the best ones are the last rooms at the end of the hallways
  • Stayed: September 2016, traveled on business
3  Thank Anthony A
Reviewed July 8, 2017

Good layover hotel with basic amenities and average dining. Located just close to the airpot. The hotel staff are quiet helpful and polite. The hotel environs are quite busy at night and a bit noisy. As stated the place is good for short layovers

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed June 28, 2017

Title pretty much says it all - the food is good but everything else here is pretty terrible - cold, smelly, and dark rooms; a bed where a tried to sleep on top of the covers since the mattress springs were about ready to poke through; and a lazy staff who couldn't be bothered to copy our passports while we waited so I had to go back down. At least Ethiopian Airlines got stuck paying for this "hotel"

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed June 3, 2017 via mobile

Very bad hotel. I arrived there after a flight of 6 hours just to find that Room is not clean. There was a dirty carpet and the smell in the room was just terrible. staff not welcoming at all. Bedsheets don't look really clean, so I decided to sleep on the chair. Thanks God I stayed there only for a night.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled solo