“Cheap, Great Location, Hostel-Like Atmosphere”

Mr. Martins Cozy Place
Woreta, Ethiopia
“Cheap, Great Location, Hostel-Like Atmosphere”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Mr. Martin's Cozy place is great place if you are looking for somewhere cheap to stay in a good location in Addis. Rooms are simple, quaint and staff is nice. Lots of backpackers stay here and foreigners. Just beware at night - there has been reports of theft!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank IngeHarding

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Hebrew first
Harare Province, Zimbabwe
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I only intended staying one night but ended up staying seven nights. Friendly staff, lovely breakfast (make sure to try jumbo coffee with milk), close to Resteraunts or if you want to buy your own food there is a well stocked supermarket up the road. Shsme there is no wifi but the inter cafe nearby is 15birr an hour so its not too bad. They also have hot water which can be a rare in budget Ethiopian accomodation. The bed was very comfortable aswell, would definately stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank J K
Provo, Utah
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I stayed here at the beginning and the end of my time in Ethiopia. It's in a good location near the airport and several restaurants, as has already been stated. The staff are really cool and they are willing to help you figure out anything you need to around the city which is really nice. My favorite room was the double bed with another room with a couch, TV, etc. Here's a helpful tip: if you're staying in a building other than the main building, I recommend travelling to the main building for showers. It has it's own water heater and it feels like your bathroom at home. The other two options are pretty crummy. Also, I know Dawid has opened another location south of the original, which I've heard has wifi, so you may have a choice there and I don't know if the two sites will be reviewed together or separately...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Lived here for three weeks a few years ago. Nice room, cozy surroundings, great staff and great food! Close to good restaurants and it's easy to get into the central Addis, by foot, bus or taxi. I will most likely come back! Next time with my husband. Love the cozy place!

• Stayed May 2012
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I have stayed here about 3 times over the last year and a half, the longest time was for about 5 nights. I find it to be good value for the money, convenient location within walking distance of restaurants (if you know where to look), not far from the airport. It has that warm youth hostel feel, while at the same time, having private rooms, which, to me, is a win-win situation. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful, they never miss a beat. They have a tendency to go out of their way to help, in a genuine way (rather than looking for tips) which is very unusual to find. Keep up the great management. I also picked up a card for a tour guide while there, named Mulie, +251 912001330, who gave me a half day tour of Addis and showed me the bus system the locals use. Speaks English well, showed me several key sites within Addis, also very friendly-- I have also stayed at more 5 star type places while in Addis, but I have to say, I prefer the people and sense of hospitality at "Cozy". Also I love the map of Addis, and the little book rack at The Cozy. By the way, some of the airport taxis don't know the place, so you have to tell them it's across the street from The Atlas Hotel--

Room Tip: I like the inside rooms with the inside bathroom.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank 279sarahl
Hue
Reviewed February 6, 2013

We were travelling in a group of three and the family room was head and shoulders above all the other rooms they tried to put us in. It was nice, there was a little fridge, comfortable beds and a nice little sitting area. The staff were wonderfully friendly people and large thanks to all who work there. The shared bathrooms were a little dirty sometimes, but overall they do a great job keeping them clean. The showers were a little iffy but that me being nitpicky. We came to to addis multiple times while we were in Ethiopia and always tried to book the family room and were always greeted with smiles. I love you cozy place.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank CheeseDill
Connecticut
Reviewed January 9, 2013

This low-key oasis in the city offered simple accommodations with lovely breakfast, excellent coffee and friendly service. One of the owners even went shopping with us to help with the language. The shared bathrooms could have been cleaner but the beautiful courtyard and helpful staff made up for any shortcomings.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends