“Clean, Safe, Good Location near Bole Airport, Friendly Staff, Hot Shower!”

Selam Pension House
Selam Pension House
Ranked #85 of 280 Addis Ababa B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 1, 2014

One of the best options in Addis Ababa, clean, safe, good location. I stayed here twice, at the start and end of my five week trip in Ethiopia. They are located very close to Bole Road, near Dembel City Center. There is gated complex with a security guard 24hrs and if I needed something late at night, like water, they would get it for me! The staff was very friendly and you can leave luggage without charge. I left a small bag of things I didn't need for my trip for several weeks.

I paid 210 birr ($11) for a single room (common shower) and 350 birr ($18) for a double, en suite (for two people). Prices are fixed and posted. They have good wifi, hot showers, the rooms are very clean and I was happy with my stay. There are few reliable and affordable budget options in Addis (Piazza was both too far and hectic and run down), I'm not even sure how I found this place, but I thought it was a gem in a city that's already very difficult to navigate. The bus stop is just in front of the main road on Bole and public transport to Meskel Sq is very easy.

There are a few delicious restaurants very nearby for meals, and a few cafes for those amazing juices and pastries.

There is a free coffee ceremony once or twice daily, usually in the evenings and its a good way for the guests to relax and come together for a chat. I met some nice people here, both locals and a few other backpackers and would highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo