“Wonderful Place & Superb Experience!”
Review of Caravan Hotel

Caravan Hotel
Ranked #6 of 118 Hotels in Addis Ababa
Brisbane, Australia
“Wonderful Place & Superb Experience!”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

WONDERFUL PLACE, SUPERB EXPERIENCE!
--------------------------

When I was making my on-line booking for the Caravan hotel in Addis Ababa, I had only modest expectations. However, after 5 nights' stay (I left the hotel to travel to northern Ethiopia) I felt I could have hardly chosen a more homely place to stay; so upon my return to town, I checked into the Caravan again and stayed until my departure from the country.
The hotel is modern, of a boutique variety, squeaky clean, with ultra-personal service. It is secure (has entrance security officer), and provides free and courteous pick-up from, and free drop-off to the airport. The on-site restaurant, with its good food and good local red wine (Axumit) & with its cosy bar, is a big plus. Hospitality of all its staff- always willing to accommodate and oblige- is matchless. Moreover, their hospitality is genuine.
On my last day of stay- to my great surprise- I was even invited to the staff lunch for a meal including the traditional INJERA.
Overall, I had a wonderful 8-day stay at the Caravan hotel, and I have very fond memories of the place. If I return to Addis one day, I will make the Caravan my #1 choice.

Karel
(Brisbane, Australia)

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Reviewed January 10, 2014

This is what we emailed to the hotel after our stay:
From the bottom of our heart we want to thank you for the great time we had in your hotel.
We only had a couple of hours between our local flight Mekele-Addis and our international flight back to Amsterdam, and you made it unforgettable for us. Everybody was in service to assist us in the best possible way, from picking us up from the airport and bringing us there again at 2:30 AM to serving us breakfast in the middle of the night at 2:00 AM! The driver, the receptionist, the doorman and the guards - everybody was friendly and helpful and everything was possible!
We will certainly recommend the Caravan Hotel to everyone who travels to Addis, and we would say that the management of the Caravan Hotel could be very happy with such committed, hospitable and customer-oriented employees. Rooms are comfortable and quiet.

Thank you very very much, we were very sad that we had to leave so soon!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank GijsvdL
nmuisa
Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

After a disappointing stay at the 3day International I was encouraged to try out the newly built Caravan Addis. It's slightly tucked in from the main road (Mickey Layland) making hard to spot but makes for a quite nights rest away from the bustling streets.

The staff are friendly and the service is professional.

The rooms and facilities are impeccably maintained and very clean, as well as secure with in room safety boxes, security cameras on the floors and security details.

Last prob most important was access to high speed internet which was invaluable for researching planning excursions and things to do.

Not withstanding our initial hotel experience I think Caravan would've impressed us all the same and to have the quality of facilities and service we take for granted in Canada here in Addis for a fraction of the cost was definitely what made the trip! We'll be back!

Napoleon

Sheraton Addis, a Luxury Collection Hotel
Addis Regency Hotel
Addis Regency Hotel
#5 of 118 in Addis Ababa

Been to Caravan Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Caravan Hotel

Property: Caravan Hotel
Address: Mike Leyland Street, Addis Ababa 132, Ethiopia
Location: Ethiopia > Addis Ababa
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #6 of 118 Hotels in Addis Ababa
Hotel Class:4 star — Caravan Hotel 4*
CARAVAN HOTEL is a three star hotel designed to bring a feel at home touch to the hospitality industry. Located 7 minutes drive from the airport it is started operation with the basic concept of satisfying customers with well furnished and cleaner rooms. CARAVAN HOTEL erected at center of the city is ready to provide Room Accommodation, Conference Facilities, and Restaurant and Bar services. Hence, we are striving to improve our services in the process of accommodating our honored guests. We aim to provide the highest quality service to all our guests and create an atmosphere where they feel at home. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jovago.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, HostelWorld, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Caravan Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.