“Great for human evolution”
Review of National Museum

and up
Museum Highlights Guided Day Tour in Addis Ababa
Ranked #6 of 70 things to do in Addis Ababa
More attraction details
Owner description: This museum’s greatest treasure is the partial skeleton of "Lucy," a tiny human believed to have lived over three million years ago.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Great for human evolution”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

It really needs an update, but if you have a spare half hour, then the National Museum does have an impressive collection of hominid remains.

Visited June 2014

• Turkish first
Nairobi, Kenya
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“I met Lucy apparently my ancestor”
Reviewed June 13, 2014

The museum is purely based on artifacts and makes good for a trip through the Ethiopian history with images and statues ranging from royals to cave men. I

Visited December 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Home of 'Lucy'”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

I found the experience thought provoking as I tried to imagine someone who had lived over 3 million years ago now residing in a museum for us to view.
Again, I loved seeing large groups of school children soaking up their history and asking their teachers lots of questions.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Corrine L
London
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Lucy is waiting for you”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

I really want to rave about this museum, given it's content. But it's a bit disappointing. I studied early 'man' at university so was desperate to visit, but if I wasn't passionate about the content I'd be a bit disappointed. Lots to read, badly laid out, but really worth a visit just to see 'Lucy'. Not much else there, to really capture, but we saw it all.
I really liked that the locals paid a different price to the international visitors, to make it accessible for all!

Visited December 2013
Ann Arbor
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“Interesting but small”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

An interesting small museum. I found the Ethnological Museum much more worthwhile, but I enjoyed seeing "Lucy" and related exhibits here.

Visited April 2014