The Residence Suite Hotel
$89
$75
$122
$83
Ag Palace Hotel(Addis Ababa)(Great Value!)
$31
$48
Siyonat Hotel(Addis Ababa)
$115
Travelocity
All reviewsstandard suitequiet staymodern amenitiessmall hotelfew minutes walkpower cutbusiness tripmeskel squarethe hotel is cleanbole roadfree shuttle servicerecommend this hotelwifi connectionother guestscentral locationrooms are largeper night
Reviewed January 16, 2014

I recently moved to Addis Ababa from Santa Monica, California to volunteer at an international NGO that is directly across the street from the Residence Suite Hotel. At first, all I experienced were the exceptional macchiatos prepared by their very happy and nice barista. Next, I experienced the excellent service and fine cuisine, as I ended up taking nearly every meal at this wonderful place. I treated myself to a few nights' stay to take a break from the spartan, yet comfortable guest house provided by my NGO and was thrilled by the elegance, comfort and tv movies(!) I could watch while reclining on the huge and comfortable king-sized bed. I actually decided to spend the rest of my time here in Addis living in this fine establishment and moved in permanently only last evening. The Residence Suite Hotel truly is this ExPat's "home away from home!"

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Peter B
Martha A, General Manager at The Residence Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for staying with us at The Residence and the time to write this review. It is our pleasure to have you as our guest and to be of service and assistance.
I am pleased to read you are very comfortable with us and am happy to share your kind words with my colleagues. We look forward to make the rest of your stay a pleasant experience.

The Residence Hotel

Reviewed December 7, 2013

Our introduction to Addis Ababa was an early morning arrival at Bole(6 am) and then to the Residence. We were greeted and served coffee as they rushed to make our room ready. A large clean modern room and well appointed. The staff were very courteous, attentive and polite. The one drawback was that although there enough lights and appliances, there were not enough electrical outlets. All in all, a great introduction to Addis Ababa. We would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Take a top floor room and close the windows at night. There is a fair amount of city noise at night and being higher up reduces that somewhat.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank David V
Martha A, General Manager at The Residence Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for staying with us and the time to write this review. I am pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us and would stay again in the future. It would be our pleasure to serve you again.
I would also like to thank you for your patience that early morning. Your kind words are much appreciated too, and our entire team is pleased to learn they have been of any assistance.
We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

We live in Addis, and last week the power was out in our home for 5 days. After day 3 we had to stay a night away for a good shower, power and internet. The Residence became our residence that night! The rooms are comfortable, the shower was great and the internet was fast. One of the only hotels in Addis that makes those extra touches like an iron and board, bath robes, complimentary snacks, tea and coffee. We had room service, the fried fish and steak sandwich and pizza was quite nice. The breakfast buffet was wonderful. The egg white and spinach omelet was tasty and they make a nice macchiato. The staff was over the top helpful. When we left, they gave us bottle water for our trip home. We will stay there again. It is a nice getaway from the daily routine.

Room Tip: The mattress was a bit firm, but that was only complaint.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank YeGoozo
Martha A, General Manager at The Residence Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at the Residence and your time for writing this review. I am very pleased to read you have had a wonderful experience and enjoyed your stay while staying with us with your family.
We look forward to seeing and welcoming you again. Thank you again for the kind words.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

I was in Addis two weeks back and stayed at the Residence and I loved it for sure when I am going back to Addis I am not looking for any other place to stay.

The rooms are excellent, spacious, very relaxing bath tab, good bed and I like the concept of having a sitting area in the room. Lovely.

The food is lovely I enjoyed it and I cannot forget the macchiato; my goodness you have to try it there when you go it made me buy coffee from Addis to bring back to Nairobi.

Then the manager Martha thank you for your hospitality, it felt very homely to be at the Residence.

Room Tip: the rooms at the very top on 5th floor are excellent.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank David M
Martha A, General Manager at The Residence Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Thank you very much for the kind words following your recent stay with us at The Residence. I am pleased to read you had a wonderful experience and enjoyed your stay. We welcome you and look forward to your next visit.

Martha A.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

I have stayed in several hotels in Addis and this is probably among the better ones albeit not my first choice. The room was spacious (not a suite, though!) and furniture is nice. Staff was friendly and helpful. I also liked the interior decoration and choice of colours. Breakfast didn't have a wide variety of choice but was still ok.

The fact that the hotel is very new is obviously a bonus.

But I had a major problem with not having hot water for a bath or shower after a day of travelling. In the evening when I arrived, water in the tap was not even lukewarm, let alone hot. And another problem: the room was very cold. I guess not many hotels in Addis would have heating, and this one doesn't have either. So I didn't feel like a cold bath in a cold room. In the morning the water was warm, but not very hot even then.

Other problem was noise in the night. The door to the corridor lets all the noise in from the corridor, and the windows (no double glazing here) from outside. When people chat in the corridors or outside, you can hear it all.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Sakari K
Martha A, General Manager at The Residence Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for your stay with us and the time to write this review. It is with regret that we learn about inconveniences you've encountered during your stay and extend our sincere apologies. The issues raised are certainly not reflective of the usual standard of the hotel. We would like to welcome you back again being confident you will have a better experience with us this time.

We Thank you again for the much appreciated comment and advice to further improve our cervices.

Kind Regards,