“Perfect place to stay!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Addis Ababa
RiverSide Apartment Hotel
Reviewed February 8, 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed here for 3 weeks during my first trip to Ethiopia and we are so happy we choose Riverside. The rooms were very spacious and clean. We really liked the modern feel. The view we had faced the river and was a great addition. The bathrooms were the best we encountered in Ethiopia. We loved the rain-shower heads! The WI-FI internet had excellent connection, and was faster than anywhere else we visited while there.

The staff were very friendly and could not have provided better service. Whenever we needed anything at all, such as coffee, our needs were met. They helped with recommendations for a spa, coffee shops, taxi service to and from the hotel, places to visit (we decided on Lalibela) and where to stay once we got there.

During our stay, the owners hosted a Christmas Party cookout! We had a chance to meet most of the residents there as well as the owners, Yosef and Mussie. The residents were very nice and most were UN workers that came from differing countries. The entire experience was very welcoming and included extremely good food.

All in all, we had a great experience and would recommend this for anyone visiting Addis for a long or short stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sam R
Yosef T, General Manager at RiverSide Apartment Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2016

Dear Valued Costumer

Thank you for choosing Riverside, and for taking your time to give us your review. We are glad that we have meet your standards.

There are newer reviews for RiverSide Apartment Hotel

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Yosef and his staff were extremely accommodating. The two bedroom apartment was spacious and comfortable. Best of all were the comfortable beds, soft pillows and comforter. Even after a 24 hour flight, I slept comfortably only to be woken by a good breakfast. I would recommend for business travelers including people traveling with their families.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed October 21, 2013

I was a little unsure about the riverside apartments as even though the reviews were good there weren't many of them. As soon as I arrived I was treated very well by the management team Yosef, Mousi, Kokeb and Mimi. The apartment was clean and had the furnishings one would expect of a luxury apartment, nice tiled floors, attractive modern sofas. I wouldn't hesitate in recommending this hotel to anyone needing accomadation central to Addis centre, breakfast isn't bad either.

Room Tip: Request riverside view in advance
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed October 19, 2013

We intended to only come short term to Riverside but charming Yosef and his team built a gem in the middle of buzzling city having kept us long.

The 2 bedroom appartments are spacious and very well furnished in attractive, modern style. Service is truly excellent, just a phone call away, and the staff are very friendly and helpful.

Ethiopia is a special place, with lots of power & water issues, and has many limitations on importation, therefore most places have huge issues with finishing and reliability. However, Riverside delivers peace of mind, value for money and convenience with great hospitality.

This place compares extremely well against Ethiopian standards and local competitors. What sound like an advertisement is just reason for us staying long term and having recommended it to many friends and colleagues.

• Stayed: October 2013
Yosef T, General Manager at RiverSide Apartment Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Dear valued Costumer

We at River Side are always glad to know that our clients had a great experience. We will continue with our service to our clients standard. On behalf of all our employee and management team thank you.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

We stayed I for two and a half weeks in the Riverside apartments. We also had a toddler of 18 months. The apartment was very spacious and the cleaning ladies were up every day and kept it spotless. The friendliness and helpfulness of all the staff there made our stay in Addis very pleasant. The driver we had during our time there Jonathan was fantastic so helpful and friendly. I would definitely stay here again with my daughter when we return to visit. Thanks to all in Riverside. Jacinta

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank J-Caul

Dear Valued Costumer

We at River Side always value our clients comments, and we are glad to know that you have had an excellent experience with us. On behalf of all our stuff and management thank you.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

I had lived in Addis Ababa area for about three months when I decided to stay at the Riverside Luxury Apartments.It was absolutely worth the experience. The service was great and the location was even greater since I needed easy access to the regional and international organization such as the UN and AU to complete my research in the country.Having a large balcony directly above the river indeed made my stay even more amazing. The rooms were well decorated making my stay warm and personal. The staff was very friendly and helpful as I needed directions to restaurants and bars. They were also nice enough to bring me food from the closest restaurants at odd hours without any hesitation.
Moreover, with the ever decreasing parking spaces in the city, Riverside Apartments provided ample spaces for my car and those who came to visit me. The downside in the first week of my stay was the fact that the free WIFI was a bit temperamental, although the connection improved after the second week. I absolutely enjoyed my stay and I look forward to again visit Riverside Luxury Apartments when I travel to the region.

Room Tip: Ask a room with a balcony facing the river, if you like the sound of water.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Yosef T, General Manager at RiverSide Apartment Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Dear Valued Costumer

Thank you for choosing River Side Luxury Apartment Hotel for your memorable stay in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. We at River Side always appreciate when our valued costumer give us their comment. We are happy to know you had an excellence time with us. We would like to see you again.

River Side Luxury Apartment Hotel Management and staff.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

We stayed for a little over two weeks with our two daughters and loved every minute! Accommodation was surprisingly spacious and absolutely spotless. We had two bedrooms, two bathrooms a gorgeous living room and kitchen. I cannot say enough about the staff - from the lovely ladies on reception (who were just fantastic with the girls) to the cleaning staff who were so helpful and obliging to the wonderful Jonathan who taxied us around Addis and whom the girls were calling "Papap" by the time we left. Breakfast was available to order or we could cook our own, laundry service was excellent and very reasonably priced and most importantly we had no hidden or unexpected extras when it came to settling our bill...

We will definitely be back - couldn't have asked for more!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear; Valued Costumer

Thank you for choosing River Side Luxury Apartment Hotel for your memorable stay in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. We do appreciate your comments about us, specially you are our second adapting family, and we where happy with your kids. We look forward to seeing you again.

River Side Luxury Apartment Hotel Management and staff