TripAdvisor
Addis Ababa
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews enjoy your stay quiet area gym internet addis airport
Selected filters
Reviewed June 9, 2019

I stayed for 9 days in this hotel. I had booked a mountain view room, with kitchen. On my first arrival, it took three attempts to get this. On my second visit, a few days later, no such room was available for the first two nights. Then I was offered the "Presidential Suite" at no extra cost. I was also given a free dinner and drinks for the booking error!
The hotel is not well constructed, and has some oddities. For example, in the Presidential Suite, the cooker was not connected, there were no plates abd cups, no electric kettle. Also, instead of a shower, there was a ridiculous "spar bath" that was really difficult to get into and out of...should be thrown out.
The staff try hard, and are very friendly, but poorly trained. Internet erratic, as it seems to be everywhere in Ethiopia. Front of the hotel un paved and very muddy.

Room tip: Try and get a mountain view room with a ketchen..a bit more expensive, but worth it for the extra space and quiet.
Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank AndyMacpherson
Reviewed June 4, 2019 via mobile

Very Bad Manager (tsegaye), very good stuff!!! The manager lucks customer service, doesn’t say hello no smile and very horrible. he speaks impolitely.. he was very unprofessional. You don’t want to deal with him!!! Never go to him because you will never find any solution!

Except from very bad management, the hotel is really nice and stuff are amazingly excellent!

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed March 10, 2019

It was my third time at this hotel. As it happened the previous times, I had an excellent stay. The place is very convenient to me, the stuff is very helpful and friendly, plus good service and breakfast.
They have a pick up service from the airport to the hotel and on the other way around without charge.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed January 25, 2019 via mobile

We had a truly great stay at the Solo Te. The rooms were very comfortable and extremely clean. The very friendly staff and management made us feel very welcome and gave us lots of great tips on visiting Addis.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank ludovicod235
Reviewed January 23, 2019

We have been staying at the Solo Te Hotel many times now and they deserve a great recommendation each time. The whole team are so welcoming and friendly and they deal with any request quickly and efficiently. Great rooms, great service, excellent breakfast. We LOVE it at Solo Te.

Date of stay: January 2019