“Not bad, but....”

Ranked #32 of 119 Hotels in Addis Ababa
Utrecht, The Netherlands
“Not bad, but....”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I stayed here a couple of nights on a business trip - our local agent managed to get a pretty decent discount for us, which I think made this a decent deal. On the positive side: the hotel is well located: close to many places to eat and in between Addis' main roads. Apart from the construction going on around the hotel there is not much noise - and you'd be hard-pressed to find a location in Addis where there is no construction site, probably... :-)
Other positives are the friendly staff and the superclean rooms.
The downsides are not huge, but if the price is much above the 90-something US$ we paid, you might be better off elsewhere. Negatives: the reception service, though very friendly, can be a bit messy every now and then: reservations for airport suttles get lost or arrangements with one staff member are not transferred tp the next - which can be annoying. The facilities in the room look nice (and clean), but they are just not that good: what use is a jacuzzi, when hot water is (almost) not there? And the fancy shower looks nice, but leaks water on all sides. Finally: I found my mattress *very* hard. As said... not big things, but there might be (lots of) other nice options near by...

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Anne-Marijke

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stayed here for one night on a recent business trip. I loved how convenient it was to get to mid town in a hurry. It was maybe 15 minutes to get to the airport.Room was clean, quiet and well appointed. Bed was comfortable with quality linens.Efficient service provided early check in. Quick and tasty breakfast. I would stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank daniel a
Ohio City, Colorado
Reviewed March 11, 2013

our accommodation were beautifully appointed. The rooms were well done and extremely comfortable. The staff were very friendly and helpful.Their services were offered with a smile.The hotel exceeded our expectations.It will definitely be our destination for the next trip.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sara Z
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I did enjoy my stay in the hotel during my First week in Addis before transferring to my permanent residence. the Hotel is quiet clean and up to standard and i liked the WiFi very much. the food is really good as well...if i have to stay in a hotel in Addis Ababa this would be my first choice. its near to the airport and where the city is HOT !!

1 Thank Lilly T
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed March 6, 2013

i am a business traveler. i enjoy my stay in friendship international hotel. the receptionists are very friendly and helpful. the rooms are comfortable with reasonable price.the food was OK but the break fast needs improvement.
i recommend visitors to see this attractive staffs who apply the hospitality ethics.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Ethiopia H
denver
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I was relieved to know that the hotel is located just around the corner from the air port. As I arrived at the hotel I was amused to see such an attractive and well furnished hotel. The receptionist was warm and welcoming and I felt the touch friendship right there. The room was comfortable with a nice view for the city and the food was remarkable. It is my opinion to you to visit the hotel if you go to Addis and I can’t wait for my next stay there.

2 Thank josef r
Hove
Reviewed February 16, 2013

This hotel is targeting a high end market, but is actually quite mediocre in various respects. The internet is patchy, the food is just OK, and the room is shabby. Yet the price is much higher than comparable hotels in this part of Addis. The part of my experience that drove me to submit this review was my experience of paying for my room, when the hotel told me that my card (which always works everywhere else) was "no good" and that they refused to call my bank. After being quite horrible about this, they finally tried "one last time" and of course my card worked then.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel.