“Personalized Service and Extreme Hospitality”
Review of Tizeze Hotel

Tizeze Hotel
Ranked #17 of 119 Hotels in Addis Ababa
New Delhi, India
“Personalized Service and Extreme Hospitality”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

During my business trip in January'13, owing to African Union Congress in Addis Ababa all hotels were sold out or available only on Double tariff.My local business contact directed me to Tizeze Hotel and got an opportunity to meet the owner himself Mr.Muche who has tastefully done up this abode.A warm welcome at the reception makes you comfortable before you sink into large leather sofa's in the Hotel Lobby.Freshly brewed Ethiopian coffee Mykato can be sipped while the luggage is moved to the room and check in facilities are completed.

Tizeze Hotel is situated off Bole Road and quite near the Airport. All major business destinations and Shopping centers are Taxi Away. Its actually away from the congestion and is surrounded by Villas.

Rooms are a little small but the Beds are extremely comfortable with extra white linens. I was made to understand by the Owner that all beds have been imported from USA, keeping in mind the importance of sleep for his guests. Wooden cupboard with hangers is a boon. Bathroom Slippers are reusable and have a neat fur lining for that sensitive feel. Presence of Room Heater adds to the Comfort during cold Addis Nights

Bathrooms are proportional in size to the rooms with a neat Shower Cubicle and WC. Absence of Large Mirror and Cabinet at the Water Sink is surely felt. All Bathroom fittings are exquisite and Italian.

Kitchen serves delicious cuisine from Continental to Ethiopian. Food helping is sumptuous on delicate cutlery.

Room Tip: Rooms facing front of the Hotel Building are a little better in terms of view of the Hills surroundi...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank SAKETKAPUR

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Travelling from Washington to Cairo, booked a room for my one day layover. Very clean, very pleasant staff. Wonderful manager "Aden", she even offered a city tour by her own car. If I ever fly Ethiopian airline again, I will definitely make sure to stay over couple of days. Checking out was a breeze and they provided transportation back to the airport on time. I will definitely recommend this hotel and their courteous staff to my friends.

Room Tip: I was on the second floor. Very nice room.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed December 13, 2013

After our disastrous hotel experience in Addis on the way into Ethiopia I was looking for a top-notch hotel to stay at the night before we left. I found Tizeze and I have to say they restored my faith in hotels in Addis. The service was excellent from the first email contact to our drop off at the airport. The rooms were clean and the bed comfortable. I appreciated the quality "white" comforter and sheets. The bathroom was good, although the shower leaked a little there was a drain in the middle of the floor, and we were happy with the hot water and water pressure. The manager was outstanding - introducing herself to us and making sure out stay was comfortable. The wifi worked at a decent speed. The location was a little hard to find for our driver but he just asked around and the locals pointed the way. It was close the airport which was what we wanted and the service to the airport was excellent - new land cruiser fully equipped with a good driver. I also felt comfortable with the security. The only improvements I would suggest was the quality of the food in restaurant. We had dinner and breakfast - dinner was again edible but nothing outstanding and breakfast was some what of a disappointment. The selection was meager and taste just OK. After 3 weeks in Ethiopia this was 1 of 3 hotels I would ever venture to stay in again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CDNTRAVELLERS2
San Diego, California
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I found this hotel on tripadvisor before my trip to Addis Ababa. I immediately contacted hotel with questions and they responded right away. The hotel sent a driver to pick me up from the airport which was very convenient as I never traveled to the city of Addis Ababa. The gentleman (Mikiyas) who I communicated with via email the entire time also escorted me from the airport to the hotel. He actually was like a tour guide as he pointed out historical data during our transit. Once we arrived at the hotel it was like they were waiting for me. I was greeted as a very special guest and it made my stay that much more valued. After a long trip, I asked for a massage and they said I was going to get the best massage in Ethiopia and they did not lie. I sat in a sauna for 30 mins and then jumped over to the steam room for another 30 mins. Probably the most beautiful girl in Addis provided me with an hour massage, it felt like way longer than an hour, she was not in a rush and she took her time. The price was so worth it. We need massage therapist like her in the states. Afterwards I went to my room where I was surprised how clean and comfortable it was. The King size bed allowed for me to get some really good sleep while the bathroom was perfect with a nice shower and hot water. I was told hot water was not common in Ethiopia, well it was at Tizeze Hotel cause I took three showers. Lol. Checking out was a breeze and again they provided transportation back to the airport without a problem. I will definitely recomend this hotel and their courteous staff to everyone. 5 STARS all the way.

Room Tip: I stayed on the second floor and had no issues.
Stuttgart, Germany
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Business it was, arrival from Frankfurt on Ethiopian pretty early in the morning.
I was in contact with the hotel to have a room ready and a swift response later everything was prepared for me, also the free airport pick up service what works well in the end.
A nice welcome at the hotels desk staffed by two women. The room on the second floor with a view to the approaching planes. Nevertheless not that noisy at all.
The room spacious and clean, fitted also with a chair and table. And a flat screen TV, not that I even need things like this!.
Wifi is on offer for free and it works with an ok connection.
The bathroom is shower only, ok with me and spacious, too.
A short chat with the hotel manager shows me also the chance to have a late breakfast now. The nice guy at the restaurant was just a little bit disappointed with me. No juice, omelett, eggs, bacon, cheese for me. Just bread, jam and tea a plenty, delicious.
How to spend the day with the schedule shows me to leave Addis again late in the evening the very same day and see as much as possible in between?.
The hotel manager recommended to spend the day with Johnny and his Lada and this was a good idea.
I saw a lot of things and feel safe all the time also at locations like the Mercato, Africa´s largest marketplace, where the chance to get robbed is just slightly higher than everywhere else around!.
Back for the hotel in the late afternoon to fresh up.
There is no hair dryer in the room. Finally something to complain?. No, just a couple of minutes thereafter the nice lady from the front desk delivered me the missing tool.
Back for the airport in the early evening what works again perfect by the free shutte and to catch the next flight on Ethiopian, of course.
Well, there is the usual question for the downsides, isn´t it?.
Tough job this time, but I don´t find something to note here. All in a recommendable experience.

Carleton Place
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We are currently staying at Tizeze Hotel, and it continues to be a wonderful experience. The staff are courteous, helpful, and understand English well. The room we have is comfortable with a king size bed and is typical of European design. Bathroom is excellent. There are the small details that make it wonderful. Some of the electrical outlets accommodate North American cords, and an adapter is provided for those that don't. There is a portable, and safe heater for the room as the nights are chilly. This is a beautiful smaller hotel that provides excellent amenities such as spa, massage, hair salon, and much more. It is affordable and elegant. It is just perfect.

Room Tip: It doesn't have a pool and I can't undo my pool selection
2 Thank SidT
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 28, 2013

My friend and I booked into the Tizeze Hotel for one night only - chosen mainly for it's proximity to the airport, great reviews and price. We were arriving early into Addis from the UK and leaving early the following morning so didn't need anything fancy or flashy, but we were definitely pleasantly surprised!

The airport pick-up was waiting when we arrived and we were able to go straight to our room even though it was before 9am. The room was large, clean and comfortable and even had a huge balcony with great views of the city. And my favourite, there was a spa bath!

After catching up on sleep, we decided we wanted to go out. We asked the staff for some local recommendations for somewhere to walk around and get something to eat, but they were struggling to think of somewhere to recommend. So the lovely hotel manager offered to give us a quick tour of the city and to take us somewhere to eat! Perfect! Absolutely didn't expect this but she insisted and it really was so good of her to do this for us! Thank you! We had a quick tour, exchanged some dollars for birr, and went to a local restaurant. She even ordered us an Ethiopian dish for us to try and came back when we'd finished to give us another little tour and back safely to the hotel. She recommended the spa at the hotel (which we didn't even realised was there) and so my friend went for a full body massage. My only criticism is that the 1 hour massage that my friend ordered turned into a 2 hour massage (not at the request of my friend) which meant that there was not enough time for me to fit in a massage too. This wasn't too much of an issue as I just had a spa bath instead, and my friend said the massage was amazing.

Due to our early flight, we asked if we could have breakfast earlier, and this wasn't a problem. We got a phonecall in the morning saying that breakfast was ready and we went down to a lovely buffet breakfast just for us. We were dropped off at the airport by the lovely staff and continued with out travels.

I would definitely stay at the Tieze again and recommend - basic rooms, but they're clean, comfortable and spacious, good breakfast, lovely attentive staff, airport pickup and drop offs, and a fab spa in the hotel. Oh and the free WiFi was good too!

Room Tip: I added a note to my online booking with my flight details to arrange the airport pickup and this wo...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends