“Tranquil, clean and hospitable, this hotel is a nice surprise”
Review of Tizeze Hotel

Tizeze Hotel
Ranked #17 of 120 Hotels in Addis Ababa
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I stayed at Tizeze for a week last September on a business trip. I chose this hotel because of its proximity to the airport. But once I was there, I discovered many other reasons for it to be my hotel of choice in Addis.

Friendly, sincere and always handy with a smile, the Tizeze staff were the most pleasent surprise for me. They attend you with unassuming attentiveness and delivers effortlessly. They absolutely made my stay a pleasure.

The room is fairly big and satisfyingly clean. Free internet (fast enough and works most of the time) was a welcome surprise. The neighborhood is tranquil and unique to say the least. But if you are into the hustle and bustle of city life, then this hotel is not for you. For me though, this was a bliss.

As for the food, I peg to differ with one of the posted reviews. The food is really good, and the variety is acceptable. What really makes the restaurant unique is there is no open buffet. You order your breakfast, lunch or dinner and they happily prepare it. I especially like the freshly backed bread and exotic fruit juices. I even asked for some black lentils which wasn't available, only to find it prepared specially for me on the next breakfast.

What even makes all of the above so special is the very good rate, a feat you seldom find with such level of hotel hospitality.

I would not hesitate to recommend Tizeze to anyone planning to stay in Addis.

Room Tip: Take a room overlooking the backyard. The view is amazing. Otherwise, I think all the rooms are quie...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Tizeze Hotel

Reviewed October 5, 2013

I stayed in this hotel last week while on a business trip to Addis. Hotel is close to airport. Clean and reasonably big rooms. This is a new hotel.

Breakfast was average, dinner at the restaurant was also very bad. Good place to stay, but for eating go elsewhere. Unfortunately there are no restaurants nearby, But the hotel will give you transport to bole for restaurants if you are a group.

I selected this because most of my biz related work was at the cargo terminal of AA airport.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I stayed a few days at Tizeze - really the best way to feel at home in Addis. It is not the most flashy area (but where is that in Adis) but staff s so friendly and helpful, also to organise transport, change money, shopping , you name it. I wanted a room change and it was done without hesitation, nothing was too much and allways with a smile - excellent value for money

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Got into Addis a few hours late due to a delayed Ethopian flight. Although it took some time, eventually the driver was found. As I arrived at 1 am and hadn't eaten, the driver was more than willing to bring me to a late night restaurant for food, and willingly accepted foreign currency even though it must have been a pain to change later on. The hotel room itself was really comfortably and clean. The staff was really outstanding from the moment I entered in.

Pros - new hotel, excellent staff, free airport shuttle pick up and free wifi

Things to improve on - nitpicking here, but as wall outlets double up as adapters, it would be nice if they also included USB power outlets along with it. Also, it would be nice if they just automatically added the price of a water bottle to the bill instead of paying separately.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We arrived in Addis very early in the morning and Mr. Rafael (hotel staff) was there with a sign waiting for us. We were taken to the hotel where all the staff were warm and friendly. We were brought to our room which was clean and overlooked the surrounding neighborhood.
Our breakfast each morning was delicious and incredibly filling, warm bread with butter jam and marmalade. The juice was fresh squeezed and the coffee was wonderful.
I was surprised to learn there is a large space for exercise in the basement and we watched many local children as they arrived for taekwondo lessons one morning.

Overall, our stay at Tizeze was great and I recommend it to anyone planning to visit Addis.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Anthony G
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Excellent service from the beginning to the end. We were 2 hrs late arriving in Addis due to an airline delay and the Tizeze shuttle staff were still there to pick us up. Our room was comfortable and clean. They arranged a tour of Addis and Lalibela for us. The food in the restaurant was delicious. There is a nice lobby where you can hang out and have a drink. All of the staff are very friendly and make you feel at home. It is very close to the airport which is convenient for late night or early morning flights.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Saver12
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We arrived late at the airport and were kindly recieved by the private driver of the hotel. We experienced a very warm reception, and were assigned a nice new room with all comfort, We recommend this hotel for all foreign visitors for its excellent price- quality relationship!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business