“Nice hotel near Addis Ababa Airport”
Review of Tizeze Hotel

Tizeze Hotel
Ranked #17 of 118 Hotels in Addis Ababa
sharjah
“Nice hotel near Addis Ababa Airport”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I stayed in this hotel last week while on a business trip to Addis. Hotel is close to airport. Clean and reasonably big rooms. This is a new hotel.

Breakfast was average, dinner at the restaurant was also very bad. Good place to stay, but for eating go elsewhere. Unfortunately there are no restaurants nearby, But the hotel will give you transport to bole for restaurants if you are a group.

I selected this because most of my biz related work was at the cargo terminal of AA airport.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Leuven Belgium
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I stayed a few days at Tizeze - really the best way to feel at home in Addis. It is not the most flashy area (but where is that in Adis) but staff s so friendly and helpful, also to organise transport, change money, shopping , you name it. I wanted a room change and it was done without hesitation, nothing was too much and allways with a smile - excellent value for money

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Got into Addis a few hours late due to a delayed Ethopian flight. Although it took some time, eventually the driver was found. As I arrived at 1 am and hadn't eaten, the driver was more than willing to bring me to a late night restaurant for food, and willingly accepted foreign currency even though it must have been a pain to change later on. The hotel room itself was really comfortably and clean. The staff was really outstanding from the moment I entered in.

Pros - new hotel, excellent staff, free airport shuttle pick up and free wifi

Things to improve on - nitpicking here, but as wall outlets double up as adapters, it would be nice if they also included USB power outlets along with it. Also, it would be nice if they just automatically added the price of a water bottle to the bill instead of paying separately.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Shanghai
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We arrived in Addis very early in the morning and Mr. Rafael (hotel staff) was there with a sign waiting for us. We were taken to the hotel where all the staff were warm and friendly. We were brought to our room which was clean and overlooked the surrounding neighborhood.
Our breakfast each morning was delicious and incredibly filling, warm bread with butter jam and marmalade. The juice was fresh squeezed and the coffee was wonderful.
I was surprised to learn there is a large space for exercise in the basement and we watched many local children as they arrived for taekwondo lessons one morning.

Overall, our stay at Tizeze was great and I recommend it to anyone planning to visit Addis.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Anthony G
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Excellent service from the beginning to the end. We were 2 hrs late arriving in Addis due to an airline delay and the Tizeze shuttle staff were still there to pick us up. Our room was comfortable and clean. They arranged a tour of Addis and Lalibela for us. The food in the restaurant was delicious. There is a nice lobby where you can hang out and have a drink. All of the staff are very friendly and make you feel at home. It is very close to the airport which is convenient for late night or early morning flights.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Saver12
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We arrived late at the airport and were kindly recieved by the private driver of the hotel. We experienced a very warm reception, and were assigned a nice new room with all comfort, We recommend this hotel for all foreign visitors for its excellent price- quality relationship!

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank magda v
Mumbai
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

A Jewel in Addis, I discovered this hotel by chance on my last visit to Addis in April this year and from the moment I walked in there was a feeling that convinced me that I should try this on my next visit.

I stayed here for about a week on Business and cannot praise the hotel and the staff's hospitality, every one from the security reception, room service ,bar staff go out of the way to make your stay comfortable. A very special mention goes to Eden who goes out of the way to make sure you are made to feel at home. Any thing you need is sorted.

I have been travelling to Addis a lot on business recently and have stayed at various hotels ranging from 5 stars to medium budget ones but this one has been the best so far, and I'm looking forward to returning here very soon.

On my recent trip I had to go to Johannesburg for a few days and on my return I was surprised that they had kept my same room ready as I wanted it ready for me.

The food is excellent from the Nile Perch to the traditional Dishes. The chefs are excellent and would it 5 stars especially as it was great value for money.

The location is in a quite cul de sac kind of a location perfect for me not to far from the busy town centre yet quite and peaceful.

Overall I would say its 5 star living at 3 star costs excellent value for money, with people like Eden no one can ever be disappointed as customer service seems to be the motto of every one who works there a rare thing these days.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business