“Relaxing and comfortable place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Tizeze Hotel

Tizeze Hotel
Ranked #15 of 117 Hotels in Addis Ababa
Shanghai
“Relaxing and comfortable place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

We arrived in Addis very early in the morning and Mr. Rafael (hotel staff) was there with a sign waiting for us. We were taken to the hotel where all the staff were warm and friendly. We were brought to our room which was clean and overlooked the surrounding neighborhood.
Our breakfast each morning was delicious and incredibly filling, warm bread with butter jam and marmalade. The juice was fresh squeezed and the coffee was wonderful.
I was surprised to learn there is a large space for exercise in the basement and we watched many local children as they arrived for taekwondo lessons one morning.

Overall, our stay at Tizeze was great and I recommend it to anyone planning to visit Addis.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Anthony G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

Excellent service from the beginning to the end. We were 2 hrs late arriving in Addis due to an airline delay and the Tizeze shuttle staff were still there to pick us up. Our room was comfortable and clean. They arranged a tour of Addis and Lalibela for us. The food in the restaurant was delicious. There is a nice lobby where you can hang out and have a drink. All of the staff are very friendly and make you feel at home. It is very close to the airport which is convenient for late night or early morning flights.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Saver12
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

We arrived late at the airport and were kindly recieved by the private driver of the hotel. We experienced a very warm reception, and were assigned a nice new room with all comfort, We recommend this hotel for all foreign visitors for its excellent price- quality relationship!

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank magda v
Mumbai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

A Jewel in Addis, I discovered this hotel by chance on my last visit to Addis in April this year and from the moment I walked in there was a feeling that convinced me that I should try this on my next visit.

I stayed here for about a week on Business and cannot praise the hotel and the staff's hospitality, every one from the security reception, room service ,bar staff go out of the way to make your stay comfortable. A very special mention goes to Eden who goes out of the way to make sure you are made to feel at home. Any thing you need is sorted.

I have been travelling to Addis a lot on business recently and have stayed at various hotels ranging from 5 stars to medium budget ones but this one has been the best so far, and I'm looking forward to returning here very soon.

On my recent trip I had to go to Johannesburg for a few days and on my return I was surprised that they had kept my same room ready as I wanted it ready for me.

The food is excellent from the Nile Perch to the traditional Dishes. The chefs are excellent and would it 5 stars especially as it was great value for money.

The location is in a quite cul de sac kind of a location perfect for me not to far from the busy town centre yet quite and peaceful.

Overall I would say its 5 star living at 3 star costs excellent value for money, with people like Eden no one can ever be disappointed as customer service seems to be the motto of every one who works there a rare thing these days.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank rohittt2
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

We picked this hotel for our stay in Addis because of its proximity to the airport, and found it had so much more to offer than just its convenience! The hotel staff, from the general manager to the wait staff in the restaurant, were extremely friendly, courteous and professional. Along with the owner, Mr Muche, they did everything they could to make sure we were satisfied with our stay in every way. The rooms were very clean and comfortable, the Internet connection was pretty good, and the food was delicious. I would highly recommend this place to anyone - business travelers and vacationers alike!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jane I
South Riding, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

The owner and staff of this hotel made our visit to Ethiopia a memorable one indeed. The hotel is absolutely stunning and very clean. Eden, the general manager was so helpful and went above and beyond the call of duty to accommodate us and make us happy. The owner Mr. Muche was such a friendly and gracious host. I would absolutely book the Tizeze Hotel for my next visit. The staff was wonderful!!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Robin C
New Delhi, Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

Was pleasantly surprised by the warmth and care shown by the staff. I probably had the best sleep here of all the hotels I have stayed in. Later learnt that the beds had been especially imported from US. The location is off the main road in a quiet section of town, yet just minutes away from the airport. Could peacefully sit in the lobby and and carry out meetings, connect to the Internet and be served tea and coffee in comfort. For a business traveler like me a good night sleep, and a good environment to carry on business matter a lot. Food too is excellent. Its a new hotel so small hiccups here and there, but nothing that was not addressed and resolved in a matter of minutes. Definitely recommend this hotel to corporate people on business. For me this is where I would like to stay on all my future trips.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business