“Our best meal in Addis :)”
Review of Giordana Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Giordana Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We've just eaten at Giordana Restaurant , brilliant service and delicious food! A must for people who like Italian food - and if you haven't tried Italian before, eat here! Our best meal in Addis.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

I am Miryam from Milano. I came in Addis to visit with friends. We were looking for a good italian restaurant when we found "Giordana Restaurant". My friends and I had pasta and salad and we were all impressed. We could not find the place so we called the number on the flyer and they gave us directions. It wasnt easy to find the restaurant but it was really worth it!!! If you want to taste a real italian food you must go there!!!! Well done Giordana and all her staff!!! :)

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Having read about the restaurant in a newspaper article about Giordana and with prior knowledge of the reviews I thought a visit would be worth a shot if only for interest's sake.

My experience was of excellent food, great service and whilst the decor is a little plain the restaurant was very clean and airy. We arrived slightly before the normal evening opening time but were nonetheless made welcome a given wine whilst we waited. Once opened we ordered and the food was served quickly and attractively. A little spicier than Italian food on which it is based but very, very good.

The staff went "above and beyond the call of duty" and were welcoming, attentive, chatty and friendly.

As far as the cost is concerned I found it to be very reasonable - for a main course for two with wine and tax (15%) and service (5%) the total was slightly less than USD 30.

It is though difficult to find but well worth the effort and is in my view well worth a return visit. The restaurant has only been open for about 5 months and I would not be surprised to see further positive ratings as word gets round; I certainly recommend it.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

The worst place to eat on earth! The whole family visited this restaurant, whose owner/chef is supposedly a TV chef, and we were terribly disappointed by our meals. Despite being the only customers in the restaurant and having waited 30 minutes for our meals, we were all offered defrosted food, probably frozen in 2011 as leftovers. This was absolutely shocking considering that we'd been informed that the "renowned" chef/owner only uses fresh ingredients to make meals from scratch for her customers. The reason we knew our food was not freshly made was because the defroster (I cannot call her chef) did a terrible job of defrosting our meals and as such we were offered chicken stuffed with still-frozen cheese, tilapia fillet that had been defrosted and refried so many times that it had become crisp, and still-frozen chicken in brown sauce that smelled rotten probably because of the frequent power cuts in Addis Ababa that render freezers useless. We promptly sent our meals back and were surprisingly offered more defrosted food to replace it. That is obviously the first and last time we will ever visit the restaurant.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

I was lucky to find this restaurant close to the office where I was working. It used to be known as Capri restaurant and may still be by many. Finding the restaurant can be a bit tricky - it is in a small side street off of Djibouti Street. If you can find Lion International Bank, pass that on your right and take the first left turn. The restaurant is just a short distance on the left.

Giordana is the name of the lady that runs it. She is a well known TV chef in Ethiopia. The food here is Italian. She prepares some excellent pasta dishes and is always happy to discuss the food with the customers. Look for the 16th pasta dish (unless the menu changes). It is one of the best but is often missed because it is on the second page.

It is well worth finding this place for the quality of the food.