We have been staying here every year for the last six years and each year I find I like it more. On the plus side, it is used almost like a weekend club for some Addis residents who come on the weekend to use the pool. You may well spot Haile Gebre Selassie or one of the foreign correspondents from international newspapers. A number of UN workers also come here, so it is a good place to find out about the country and the more remote areas, and whether they are safe to travel to. On the downside, there is a somewhat basic feel to some of the bedrooms. They would certainly be comparable to those of a three star in Italy or Spain. If you want something more 4 star, consider upgrading to the club floor levels which offer much more comfort. The views from the club floor are also worth seeing. Plus, this is Addis, so you have to benchmark it against the competition and it does pretty well. All in all, if you accept that you're not in Europe or the US, you'll have a decent stay. If you need a 5 star experience, then go for the Sheraton, but expect to pay a lot more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Addis Ababa is situated in the heart of the political capital of Africa. This landmark hotel in Ethiopia is inspired by the famous Lalibella Cross Church and is complete with its own outdoor geo-thermal swimming pool, plus an 18-hole mini-golf field. This unique hotel in Ethiopia is set on 15 acres of lush foliage, surrounded by expansive gardens. Each of the elegant guest rooms and suites offers a balcony with scenic views overlooking the gardens, mountains or the city skyline. Hilton Addis Ababa also provides a wide range of recreational options including a fitness center, tennis courts, outdoor geo-thermal pool, indoor squash court and mini-golf. Choose from a variety of restaurants and bars in Hilton Addis Ababa, offering exceptional menus, live entertainment and romantic settings. Host a meeting in one of our sophisticated event spaces or catch up with work in the business center. The hotel also features a 24-hour bank and tour operator and is the only hotel in Ethiopia with parking for more than 600 cars. Conveniently located close to Bole International Airport, this Addis Ababa hotel is situated across from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, National Palace and major ministries, and is only five minutes from the ECA conference center, the premier business destination in Ethiopia. Discover nearby attractions including Meskel Square, the Parliament building and the Ethiopian National Museum. Highlights: •15 minutes from Bole International Airport •3 meeting rooms and ballroom for up to 600 guests •6 restaurants and bars Fitness center, health club and outdoor pool •24-hour business center with translation services •Airport shuttle bus every two hours; private transportation is available upon request ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hilton EMEA, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Hilton Addis Ababa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Addis Ababa Hotel Addis Ababa
- Hilton International Addis Ababa
- Addis Ababa Hilton