Hilton Addis Ababa
Free cancellation until 05/31
$122
$83
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $95/night.

Ag Palace Hotel(Addis Ababa)(Great Value!)
$31
$325
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Caravan Hotel(Addis Ababa)
$54
$44
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $51/night.

Siyonat Hotel(Addis Ababa)
$115
Hotwire.com
Hotel Lobelia(Addis Ababa)
$59
$48
1,257 results
All reviewsexecutive floorpool sidenice poolbit datedethiopian airlinesmain restaurantan oasisaddisgymsecurityexpatsbanksatmcompound
Reviewed March 17, 2014

I remember the days 10 years ago or so when there was only the Sheraton and Hilton in Addis. Now so many reasonable quality hotels have sprung up. While Hilton is showing some wear, it still trumps the new hotels as it actually has a spacious facility, good menus and a great location at the center of the city. A little renovation wouldn't be a bad thing, though.

The main reason for my post, however, is to wonder what happened to the Queen Suites? I do not see them in the online booking menu. I stayed in one March of 2013 and was hoping to do again during a recent stay, but was unable. I enjoyed my stay in that room, on the Executive Floor and found the layout unique and interesting, with a great view of the pool.

Also, what happened to the selection of magazines? I used to enjoy picking up a copy of Time or the Economist, but all I seem to find in the shop in the hotel, or at Novis are week old local papers.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Gaarder-Larsen, General Manager at Hilton Addis Ababa, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2014

Dear Jason4hr, Let me start by thanking you for your evaluation of our hotel on Trip Advisor, direct guest feedback like yours an important tool to gage our performance, allowing us to monitor and focus on your needs as a guest in our hotel.

Upon reading your comment I am happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel. Your constructive comments are much appreciated. Let me reassure you that our Queen Suites are still there, As a result of us changing beds in all guest rooms, we’ve replaced all Queen sized beds with King sized once, and as a result they have changed name in our system. You’ll find them under the name of King Duplex.

Thank you once aging for your positive feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Adds Ababa.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Decent Size Rooms, Very Supportive, Prompt & Committed Staff; to provide additional television channels; Good Restaurants, to improve further on the Buffet Spread with more local dishes every day; Clean hotel, though looked like an old property; overall a good experience and will stay there again...

Room Tip: No specifics...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Gaarder-Larsen, General Manager at Hilton Addis Ababa, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Dear Chalapathi,

Please allow me to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to review Hilton Addis Ababa. Guest reviews like this is a valuable tool enabling us to gain first hand feedback about our performance hence allowing us to monitor and further enhance our services by focusing on your needs as a guest in the hotel.

Upon reading your review, I was happy to learn that in general we were able to satisfy you during your stay with us in Addis Ababa.
Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback and I look forward to welcome you back to Hilton Addis Ababa.

Warm regards,

Haakon Gaarder-Larsen

Reviewed March 12, 2014

I stayed in Hilton addis and when i made reservation the the hotel did recommend me to use the hotel bus rather they recommend me a private bus which has $9 difference and the bus i have is dirty unprofessional driver to the contrary the hotel bus i know it is very clean and well professional

The best thing i have from Hilton is the bell staff i can say they are wonderful high class and so friendly

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Dear yena, Let me start by thanking you for your evaluation of our hotel on Trip Advisor, direct guest feedback like yours an important tool to gage our performance, allowing us to focus on your needs as a guest in our hotel. Your constructive comments are much appreciated.

I’m sorry to learn about your experiences with the shuttle bus, we’re constantly working to improve our services and what you’ve described is definitely not a true reflection of how we strive to service our guests. I’ve taken the liberty of sharing your comments with my entire management team and asked for corrective measures to be taken to prevent similar incident from happening in he future.

I was happy to learn that you were pleased with the service provided by our bell and concierge team.

Thank you once aging for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Adds Ababa.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Since 2012, I am a regular visitor to Hilton Addis. What I like the best is the location. It is right in front of the Foriegn Affairs Ministry and close to Sheraton. With the Bole road now made new (thanks to 50th AU summit), the airport is just about 20 minute drive. The next thing I like is the space. Today, when hotels are squeezed between crowded buildings are cramped area, Hilton can boast of a massive area. Huge car park, ample space around the hotel and a massive lobby are an asset to this property. The swimming pool is naturally heated with water from hot springs and so one can swim at any time of the day and year. Lobby bar is the place to meet new aquaintances as well as to realx with friends after hard day's work. It is wel stocked and the service is friendly. One can not complain on the food served. Breakfast, Italian cusine and local dishes are good in this hotel. What is new is there is free Wi-fi in lobby area and the speed is not too bad.

Having said all the good things, the condition of the room and the bathroom are far from acceptable level for a 5 star hotel. The management has to quickly do some major renovation. The fittings in the bathroom are old outdated and does not work properly. The carpet in the room as well as in the corridor should be replaced with either granite or wooden floor. But unfortunately there is no signs that the hotel management is planning to do something !! Honestly, I will be disappointed if no effort is made to renovate this beautiful property

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Dear Manoj90, let me start by thanking you for sharing you opinion of our hotel on Trip Advisor, direct guest feedback like yours an important tool to gage our performance. Your comments are appreciated and extremely valuable for us to improve our services in the future.

It was great to learn that you’d enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your kind words on service, facilities and food. I’ve taken note of your comment regarding renovation of the building, and I’m happy to inform you that we’re currently working with the owners on a renovation plan to address issues of aged facilities and other addressed issued. With that said we’re constantly working to keep areas of the hotel updated and has over the last 12 months replaced all our guest room beds, televisions and guest linens, we’ve also upgraded our recreation facilities, outdoor restaurant as well as our internet network enabling us to offer all our in-house guests complimentary wireless internet access.

Thank you very much for your kind words on our team members, and breakfast service.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

I have visited Hilton Addis four times during last five Years. Unfortunately the hotel is wearing out badly now. My main criteria on selecting hotels is proper swimming pool, I like to swim, if possible both before breakfast and also after working hours. This time, Hilton offered a totally different, not exactly pleasant surprise. Water in pool was more like green algae porridge than water. During my 4 nights stay it was getting worse everyday. Pool maintenance guy explained something about problems in filtration.

Be careful when asking doorman to get You taxi. I paid 450 birrs for 5 minutes drive as the car i got was somekind of tourtaxi, having minimum price for 1 hour !!! Next morning I walked outside hotel gate and got a similar service with fifth of a price.

2  Thank Jussi V
Gaarder-Larsen, General Manager at Hilton Addis Ababa, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Dear Jussi V, let me start by thanking you for sharing you opinion of our hotel on Trip Advisor, direct guest feedback like yours an important tool to gage our performance. Your comments are appreciated and extremely valuable for us to improve our services in the future.

Our pool is filled with thermic water from well on the hotel grounds, the water does contain minerals and as a result the water will at times turn cloudy. The quality of the water of our swimming pool is monitored and checked on a daily basis, further to this we empty our pool on a bi-weekly basis to sterilize and clean.