New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #27 of 103 Hotels in Addis Ababa
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
“Excellent hospitality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

Our guests who stayed at the hotel (especially the newly wed couples) informed us they entertain very personal attention from the staffs. We appreciate what we really got from the service. We believe we'll work closely in the future too.

With kind regards

Yared Mulugeta
G/Manager, Antique Tour Plc

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Antique T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Jhonsborge
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

I was at siyonat hotel, couple of days on the month of February. The hotel staffs are very nice. however, on my stay i met the hotel owner every day and every time at the lobby no manager at all in the hotel even i tried to meet the General manger but i couldn't, and he promised to allow me half day stay without charge by saying yes yes good good but it was not applicable even he didn't understand what my request is. additionally at the check out date he was only look USD dollar on my hand. He didn't allow me to pay in local currency. The reception scared to assist me because of the owner. it was my first experience in my travel history.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Jhon p
Apex, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

I enjoyed my stay at the Siyonat. It is a cozy, quiet hotel in a not-so-quiet or cozy area of Addis. The staff was really nice--I had a bad cold and they brought me fresh ginger tea every night, and they always remembered my name. The room was very clean, and I loved having a balcony so I could look out on the bustling streets of Bole. Internet worked fine in my room. Breakfast was always tasty (I liked the mini-donuts), and I had dinner (which was also good) there a few nights. They also have a bar which was a nice place to have a cold beer after work while I checked email. Extra bonuses: there is a great gift shop just next door, too (called the Habesha Cultural Center) that had really nice clothes and souvenirs at reasonable prices; and there are plenty of restaurants, bars, shops, and a movie theater in walking distance.

I'd definitely stay at the Siyonat again!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank kpaigel
Addis Ababa, Addis Abeba, Ethiopia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

I was in Addis Ababa for few weeks and although I spent most of my time with my family, I spent my last week at Hotel Siyonat in Addis Ababa. The hotel is conveniently located in the city and was reasonably priced. I even got a 10% discount because I made my reservations through a booking website called Azebot.com. What I enjoyed the most about the hotel was the service. The staff were very attentive and helpful. They definitely got my business next time I'm in Addis.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family