“Good option for a short stay ”

Destiny Addis Hotel
Ranked #98 of 127 Hotels in Addis Ababa
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

For addis and Ethiopia standards this is a very good option for a short stay if like me you are on a layover in addis before flying out again. Shuttle picked me up and dropped me back at the airport, journey less than 10 mins. Hotel is clean and super helpful staff!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank sara072

Reviewed February 11, 2014

If I were to sum up this hotel in one statement it would be "made in China". A relatively new, but poorly finished hotel, very little blocking corridor noise, breakfast consists of a choice of brown scrambled eggs or some vegetables, very little in the way of facilities and internet quite poor. I like a hard bed, but not one that feels like concrete. Showers don't work and no hot water. Courtesy car took 10 minutes to start. An experience indeed, but not one I would recommend.

Room Tip: Best room to go to is one that isn't in this hotel!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here not by choice but due to a scheduled Ethiopian Airlines layover. As is the deal from Bole Airport we are cramped into a small bus to the assigned hotel. A series of seemingly dangerous racing drive through what looks like allies we arrived at this hotel via the back entrance.

The inside was nice and well layed out. A room key instead of card added to the mystery. Shinny floors with the hotel name finely printed in the tiles added an elegant touch. I opened the door and wow what space awaited me! Complete with a kitchenette with a two chair bar area, bar fridge and microwave. A door which you would expect to lead into a pantry from the kitchenette oddly leads into the bathroom - bizarre!

The bed was, well very hard! My jet-lagged back surely got stretched. This is one huge flaw. The 32" LG LED was mounted on a pillar far from the bed and no remote! The satellite TV bad picture quality is evident of poor installation. The shower (there is no bath tub) floods as you use it but its ok.

I slept to the sound of barking and playing dogs despite being on the 3rd floor. An Addis issue.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 4, 2013

This way very comfortable hotel stay really nice room and food. I enjoyed the breakfast
, its not far from bole and good shuttle service and i felt like at home. All staff members are also kindly and i want to say thank you all the hotel staff.

Room Tip: rooms on the east side are amagnifisent viwe
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I recently spent 4 days at this hotel and overall, had a relatively good, but somewhat inconsistent experience. The hotel is very difficult to locate, but fortunately, I had arranged for the hotel to collect me from the airport. The room I was allocated was large, clean, and neat. There were however, a few issues. There was no water for a day or two (although I'm told that this is a common issue throughout Addis). Also, the power went out frequently and I was left in the dark for an extended period of time. The internet in my room was very inconsistent and there were days when I had no connection at all. The menu options were very limited, although the food was edible. My television stopped working mid-way through my stay, so I was moved into another room. The staff were very friendly, even though some were not very proficient in English. Overall, I had a comfortable stay, which was could have been better, but could also have been much worse.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 1, 2013

The hotel was fine, in my opinion a bit overpriced. The choice was determined by logistical needs, being the hotel close to the Embassy of the country I was heading to, but guess quite far from the city center, if such exists.
The surrounding environment was not intriguing but not at all safe: despite the streets not paved and not easy to walk on, there were plenty of stray dogs and no illumination after dark. I can say I did not feel that safe when having a walk in the evening: 200 meters and turned back to the hotel.
The hotel unfortunately does not provide transportation from the airport, as many others use: I had some difficulties to find a taxi driver who knew the location of the hotel; the service was of course overpriced.
The room was fine: furniture was new and quite simple, shower also fine. The WIFI connection was quite fast and reliable. The restaurant cozy and offering good food. The staff very helpful.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Alessandro C
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I missed my connecting flight to Mumbai as my earlier flight arrived late to Addis Ababa. Hence, the airline put me up in this hotel.

- The approach road to this hotel is very narrow and dark. It is difficult to find this hotel unless the driver is conversant with the route or one has come here earlier.
- Room was large and cool breeze flows across the windows.
- Breakfast was nice and wholesome, though limited.
- Lunch and dinner had very limited choices for vegetarians like me. Also, it may not be very safe to walk down the narrow alley onto the main road so shopping for fresh fruit is also out.
- Wireless internet access was extremely good and fast.
- Bathroom was stinking of drainage smell..the drain is at the entry to the shower section and not at a corner.
- There were only 4 channels on TV, not providing enough variety even on news channels.
There is no other facility for utilizing one's time apart from a small shop in the hotel.
- Access to the main market is limited due to location constraints.
- Reception was helpful providing adaptor conveteor / plug to connect laptop to socket.

Overall, hotel is avoidable for people who want to frequent the city but do not have means of transport.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the mountains
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business