“An Oasis of good food and excellent service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Mandoline

La Mandoline
Ranked #9 of 255 Restaurants in Addis Ababa
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Note that there are no street addresses in Ethiopia! I've done my best to describe its location as would be done by one person living in Ethiopia to another. I lived in Ethiopia for 2 years, and I assure you this place exists. A map to this establishment can be found in the American Embassy publication at: http://photos.state.gov/libraries/ethiopia/427391/PDF%20files/The%20Lion%20June%209.pdf
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“An Oasis of good food and excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

We had lunch outside under shady parasols. The service was excellent. The attentive owner made sure he spoke to all customers. He made regular rounds and ensured good service by his professional staff. The food was very good, as good as in any European restaurant. Loved the bread rolls. I had nile perch with mushroom sauce and very tasty potatoes. My daughter-in-law had wonderful tender roast lamb with mash. Definitely recommend both.

• Visited March 2013

Cornwall, United Kingdom
“Excellent European standards in Addis”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

Food and drinks were what you could expect on a terrace in Paris albeit without the hiked prices. Prices are above average for Addis but far below that you would pay in Europe. The French owner visits each table to ensure everything is OK. Recommend the Pork chops.

Visited March 2013
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
“Excellent Food Excellent Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

I had to catch a flight so I was a little anxious when I found out that the kitchen wouldn't be open for 15-20 minutes when I arrived. I shouldn't have worried. The service at La Mandoline was impeccable. Our meals were served were served quickly and professionally. All four of us got the beef fillet and found our meat cooked perfectly. The vegetables and meat were all perfectly cooked. The portions weren't huge but sufficient. I can't wait to return.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JSTrip_77
Dublin, Ireland
“La Mandoline French Restaraunt”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

Excellent food and service always enjoyed eating there. Worth a visit. I highly recommend La Mandoline to all travellers to Addis.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Trevor T
Floriano, PI
“French restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

It was great food - went with my boyfriend for valentines day. The french owner was very hospitable and quite the character. I had the fish and veggies - was cooked beautifully. Lovely evening..

Visited February 2013