“Two weeks at GT”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Addis Ababa
GT Guest House & Apartments
Ranked #4 of 249 Addis Ababa B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We spent two weeks at GT over the Christmas holidays. Outside of a few minor issues (parking, low water pressure on the third floor in the morning), the experience was great. Lee and the staff were very sweet and the coffee ceremony every week in the sitting room was a nice touch.

Staying at GT is a bit like having your own place in Addis, except that you didn't have to hire a cleaning woman, organize breakfast every day, restock the fridge with beer and water, set up internet and utility service...so a pretty easy lifestyle, all in all.

Also, sitting on the upstairs deck and watching the kites (birds) in the afternoon and the blue birds in the early morning is quite lovely.

Room Tip: You can rent an entire floor. Not a bad option if you have more than two persons in your group.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank 65peter65
There are newer reviews for GT Guest House & Apartments

Reviewed January 10, 2013

As other reviewers have pointed out, Lee is friendly and efficient and the rooms are clean and comfortable. Check out was well before my evening flight, but Lee was very accommodating in offering to store my luggage and allowing me the use of the living room. I was most struck by the friendliness of the staff, many of whom "lit up" in greeting--even when I ran into them outside of the guest house. It's a very nice sense of community.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jen M
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I definitely recommend this spot for anyone traveling to Addis. Lee, the owner, offers great customer service, and the rooms are clean, spacious, and have reliable hot water. Good food, great coffee ceremony. Would 100% stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jeffrey S
Reviewed December 2, 2012

My friend and I stayed at the GT Guesthouse this past October and had a fantastic stay. We stayed in an apartment style room, with a huge living room, fully equipped kitchen, a very spacious master bedroom with an en-suite bathroom, and a 2nd smaller bedroom with an adjacent bathroom.

We also came to Addis in August and stayed at two different guesthouses - one of which was OK, the other of which was horrible - and for my entire stay in October I kept wishing that we'd stayed at GT. I think it would have vastly improved our first trip.

Lee and the other staff were awesome in taking care of us. Everyone was very friendly and helpful with whatever we needed. An excellent breakfast was brought to our dining area each morning. THe WiFi was reliable and fast (not the case at our previous 2 guesthouses).

Great location too - in central Addis, but off on a side street so no road noise.

Looking forward to a return trip soon!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I had the opportunity to spend 3 lovely nights in this beautiful guest house. The hospitality started right from the Airport Pickup. Everything was perfect & wonderful. Cheching was so smooth and fast. Wide and clean rooms, comfortable beds. Breakfast was superp and variety was awsome! , service and hospitality was unmatchable. location is perfect and safe, very close to many shops, Banks, taxis, etc. decent quite and no disturbunce at all at all times.
We had an early checkin and late checkout. Ms Lewam and her staff provided us proffessional service and home hospitality.
Lewam I am very greatful for all that you provided to us during this short stay, i m really proud of you. I am looking for my next visit which will be probably by the end of this month.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Hadi M
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I did like this place. I would wake up in the night, walk out onto the porch/balcony, and listen to the sounds. The food every morning was good and plentiful. Very short walking distance to bottled water, many banks, stores, foods, taxis (minibus). Very good location.

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better the view plus you get a nice exercise and occasional breathlessness...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I was in addis ababa for about a week and though I had been in Africa a lot, had not been in Ethiopia. I found this guest house, clean, comfortable, safe, friendly staff, big diverse breakfast every day. Lee the desk manager speaks very good english.The staff was acommodating to different schedule requests. It is not right near town center but can get there easily by taxi and maybe bus. But there are banks, supermarkets and restaurants close by. The only negative was that the room seemed much smaller that the pictures online but is was not a problem. I would stay there again if in Addis.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo