GT Guest House & Apartments
$89
$75
$122
$83
Ag Palace Hotel(Addis Ababa)(Great Value!)
$31
Orbitz.com
Hotel Lobelia(Addis Ababa)
$59
$48
All reviewsevery morningguest housemeskel squareguesthouse managerhighly recommend staying hereself cateringfully equipped kitchenstayed longercomfortable bedshome away from homebreakfast was excellentlaundry servicea great place to stayairport pickuphot waterleetg
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I was in addis ababa for about a week and though I had been in Africa a lot, had not been in Ethiopia. I found this guest house, clean, comfortable, safe, friendly staff, big diverse breakfast every day. Lee the desk manager speaks very good english.The staff was acommodating to different schedule requests. It is not right near town center but can get there easily by taxi and maybe bus. But there are banks, supermarkets and restaurants close by. The only negative was that the room seemed much smaller that the pictures online but is was not a problem. I would stay there again if in Addis.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank lisapi814
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I stayed 3 nights + a late checkout. I had a large room on the 1st floor with a shared living room, balcony & kitchen. I actually had the floor to myself as I was the only guest on the floor. Lee and her staff provided excellent service and information about sightseeing, taxis, places to get good Ethiopian coffee, etc. As other have pointed out, they serve a hot, rather large breakfast. If you're there on a Sunday, be sure to participate in the coffee ceremony.I can't say enough about how helpful, friendly and honest the staff were. One day when I went out I accidentally left my change purse with all my Ethiopian money inside in my room, out in the open. When I returned, all the money was still there. They even cleaned my muddy shoes before I went to the airport, at no charge though I offered to pay.
GT isn't centrally located in Addis. It's a good walk (20 min or so) to Meskel Sq where you can catch a taxi to the University or Piazza, a little pricy (80-150 birr)--be sure to bargain. I would definitely use GT again and highly recommend it to others.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 15, 2012

The GT Guest House is an impressive place to stay in Addis. The facilities are great and the staff and management are very helpful. It is in an excellent location with easy access to banks, restaurants and supermarkets. Our family had a 3 bedroom apartment to ourselves which made for a wonderful stay. A great breakfast was served every morning which set us up for the day. I recommend it highly and look forward to staying there again. You would not regret making a booking in the GT Guest House.

Andrew

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Andrew C
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I slept a couple of night in this small guest house during a transfer from Maputo to Rome.
My airplane was very late (3 hours) but as soon as I was able to exit the airport I saw them out waiting patiently for me.
Perfect pick up service!
The room are very nice, clean and they didn't complain even when I woke up too early!!
Thanks for everything!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank hyacinthinegirl
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Four of us stayed at GT Guesthouse for three nights on the front end of our two week trip to Ethiopia and two nights on the return end. We had one entire floor of the Guesthouse, so it was very private for our family. It was wonderful to have Lee and her driver meet us at the airport our first morning, especially since our flight had been delayed for 10 hours out of Frankfurt. Every morning, we had a delicious, generous hot breakfast, served in our suite, along with a coffee ceremony in the courtyard the first morning of our arrival, and also a coffee ceremony in our suite our final morning in Addis Ababa. The staff was so very friendly, and accommodating to all of our needs, including arranging for travels around the city to various museums and restaurants that we wished to visit during both times of our stay. After spending time in Lalibela and Gonder, we truly felt a "coming home" feeling to be able to return to the GT Guesthouse. Lee also allowed us to leave an extra bag in their storage area while we were traveling, which was very appreciated. When we asked for recommendations to local restaurants and sites around the city, Lee willingly provided them.
We felt very welcomed and at home in this spacious and immaculate guesthouse. We would highly recommend the experience of staying here to anyone traveling to Addis Ababa. Staying here truly made our visit to Ethiopia more memorable, and we loved the special homelike atmosphere and the gracious hospitality provided by Lee, her staff, and her family.
The DeMoss Family of Wisconsin, USA

Room Tip: All three of the bedrooms in our suite were lovely!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family