“Clean rooms, friendly staff, good wifi, but 'hot water' is not that hot, and no laundry service.”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Edna Addis Hotel

Edna Addis Hotel
Ranked #61 of 117 Hotels in Addis Ababa
LA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

For the price they are charging, I'd expect a little more. The rooms are really really small, and the water in the showers is not that hot. Also, there is no view at all from anywhere, and no laundry service offered. The location is decent though, not too far from the city center, and the staff is very helpful. I just wish it was a little better value for the money.

• Stayed December 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Takoma Park, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

The reviews I saw on this hotel led me to believe that it would be a good option for a business trip when most other hotels were booked. I was very disappointed, as it was lacking in many areas.
First, the shower was terrible - it alternated between scalding and cold, with only a couple seconds transition in between. I've never experienced a shower that bad before. The cleaning staff seemed inexperienced - after the first day I never had a full set of towels/bath mat. The last night, I only had one towel (that I'd used before, but no big deal), no bath mat and no hand towel. My waste basket wasn't emptied, which may have contributed to the bugs I saw in my room. There was a noise all night - like a compressor - that would turn on every 30 seconds, making it difficult to sleep.

There was no hair dryer in the room. Also, breakfast was unpredictable in terms of what was offered and food variety. Very little fruit - mostly bread products. You could get eggs if you were very patient for someone to show up.

The staff was very nice - but I think this hotel is a long way off from being an acceptable business hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank mbh42

Travelers are raving about these Addis Ababa hotels

Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

We stopped to eat here after working out in the area; and actually ended up at another restaurant AFTER dinner because we were almost all still hungry! (3 out of 4 people)!!

Food came out not as ordered, and barely enough "steak" to fill a hamburger bun. At these prices almost anywhere else in the city, you can get a lot more!

Taste was okay, once the correct food came out. Wish they had better trained staff and better systems - it's a communication problem in any language [we speak Amharic] when 3 waiters take different parts of your order and then its all wrong!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Nairobi, Kenya
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

I stayed in the hotel for a night after being bumped off an ET flight to NBO.The hotel was a pleasant surprise after waiting at the airport for the crew to find us a nice hotel to put up for a night. The hotel room is clean and they staff are friendly.
The food is also very nice and well presented. We hanged out at night with other bumped off passengers and had great debates over a glass of wine. This was partly because the hotel did not have wifi as promised and we were stuck not able to communicate and update our where about on twitter and FB. There is no DSTV too and we were stuck with boring ET channels that was not very clear.
The hotel was kind enough to have a wake up call and take us to the airport at agreed time.
The down side is that the reception could not trace a guest room number and she missed an important call from her family who were concerned about her whereabout

Overall, a nice place to stay and would visit again.

Room Tip: Request for a room that does not face the road
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Ceropal2013
Mumbai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

I have stayed at many hotels in Addis this was my second stay here and i cant fault it. From Check in to check out everything was smooth.

The hotel has gone through massive improvements from the last time i stayed here in November 2012. They is a lot of attention to details from the layout and amenities in the wash room, to personal touch by the staff.

i dont think there is anything negative about this place, Its like being at home when you are away.

the rooms were clean and the lobby perfect for business meetings.

looking forward to my next visit and stay there again

Special thanks Sar Engidy the COO who is doing an excellent job who goes out of their way to make sure guests have a pleasant stay and accommodate all requests.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank rohittt2
Kampala
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

As an African Tour Operator used to making online bookings and getting late responses from the reservations Desks,I was very happy at the fast responses received from the Front office Manager Mr.Simeneh Girma of EDNA Addis Hotel.

He was precise and briefed me very well about the Hotel.I was offered a single room which was very clean,quiete and provided me with wifi and cable Internet in my room.

The Breakfast was excellent but the bread was too big for me as i am used to a small toast and a simple coffee back home in Kampala.

My airport pick up and drop off driver was excellent as he kept time and even waited for me to look for my camera which i had lost at the Airport.

I highly recommend this Hotel.

Room Tip: Always ask the kitchen to provide you with a big cup as Ethiopian Culture has very small cups for te...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Robert M
Shanghai, China
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

We've stayed in the Edna Addis Hotel for several nights in February 2013, and it was not good! The room was not only unattractive, it was plain dirty, and mind you, we had the suite! It took staff forever to get a towel rack fixed that fell of the wall on first touch. On one occasion staff entered the room unannounced, and at another time it seemed the whole hotel was out of toilet paper. When asked to make a few copies the reception was out of -yeah right- paper, guess where that has gone... The breakfast was next to non-existing.

Summary: Spend your money somewhere else!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank HaraldWierenga
Rolando_Bertolin, Manager at Edna Addis Hotel, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all I want to thank you for your comments. The comments of our guests are very important for us to improve the Service.

I really apologize about the inconvenients happened to you. I'm Rolando Bertolin, Chief Executive Officer of EDNA Addis Hotel and since my arrive on 1st February we are working hard to fix the small issues we had in the rooms and we are improving, first of all, the Guest service. From the 1st of March the European Hotel Service standard will be present on EDNA Addis Hotel and I'm inviting you personally to return to visit our property to see the changes.

Hoping to have a positive answer from you, I send you my Best Regards