“Little get away from an otherwise unassuming building.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lucy Lounge & Restaurant

Lucy Lounge & Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 255 Restaurants in Addis Ababa
Cuisines: African, Ethiopian
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Just north of the National Museum, on the same side of St George, north of Arat Kilo Square
Moscow, Russia
“Little get away from an otherwise unassuming building.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

I went walking with a friend through Piazza, and after walking a for a few hours we headed to National Museum to Lucy's Gazebo. The outside of this building doesn't do justice for the pleasant atmosphere inside. However, the food was ok. We had curry but it was more Chinese stir fry. So I would avoid the curry but it is a nice place. The service was also good.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

• Greek first
  • Korean first
Geneva, Switzerland
“nice setting / bad food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

The setting is nice and the tables offer privacy but the food (pizza and salad) is realy low quality.

Visited June 2013
Nairobi, Kenya
“Nice Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

Was there for a business lunch and enjoyed the food. The service was also good. Being next to a museum it means that most of the clientele are tourist who may have visited the museum. The resaturant is modern sitting arrangement and was hoping that they have the ethiopia stools instead.

Visited June 2013
Portland, Oregon
“Colorful, small, but fun!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

Try the macchiato here - best one I had in Ethiopia! I had an Indian dish that was excellent. Agree with others, the bathrooms aren't the greatest, but that didn't matter to me. The service was friendly when I could understand them (my bad for not knowing Amharic). All in all a good experience, perfect if you are heading to the Nat'l Museum (which I highly recommend). P.s. the decor alone is a reason to come to the restaurant!

• Visited June 2013
Saltash
“Would visit again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

I was first taken to this restaurant, next to the National Museum hence the name, by some Ethiopian friends. A spacious restaurant with indoor eating areas & a central courtyard area as well. The menu catered to all tastes with Italian, Chinese, Indian & Ethiopian pages among others. I had a delicious peppered steak whilst my friends had Kitfo special & doro wat respectively. The food was well cooked (apart from the kitfo which is supposed to be raw) & very well presented. The price was very reasonable as well at Birr 400, (£14) for the three of us including drinks.
I made a second visit a few days later, this time with my wife & our driver as there was a conference going on & due to a major traffic jam we couldn't get near the hotel. This time the driver & I both Had pizza. (I had eaten a lot of Ethiopian food by this time & fancied a change. The driver was Ethiopian so no excuses necessary!) again, the food was of excellent quality & very modestly priced (by UK standards). I would certainly use this restaurant again if I was in Addis.

• Visited May 2013