“Best hotel in Addis”

Ranked #5 of 118 Hotels in Addis Ababa
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Best hotel in Addis”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Best value for money, excellent rooms, wonderful host. Close to everywhere in Addis. We stayed twice and felt like we were coming home. They collect you from the airport and take you back included as part of the fee.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank riverrat205

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Stockholm
Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

I ended up at this hotel as Sheraton, Radisson and Hilton were full due to an AU-summit. It was a pleasant surprise. Superb staff and management. Restaurant is good and breakfast satisfying. The rooms are not large, but adequate in size. The beds are not of the same standard in luxury hotels and there is no a/c (which you seldom ned in A.A.). The hotel lacks elevator. Wifi is quite fast.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Henrik S
Palm Desert, California
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We stayed here twice while in Ethiopia and found this to be an excellent hotel. We were picked up and taken to the airport in an efficient manner and the rooms were nice. We ate at the hotel restaurant for dinner and found the food to be very good. A great value for the price in Addis Ababa!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank svansoye
the prairie
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I have stayed here several times since 2010. Every time I have stayed here I am impressed with the high quality service and overall experience. This is far and away the best value (for cost and room) that I have found. The hotel is family-owned and the hotel itself is not very large. As a result, the staff knows the guests and makes and effort to please everyone as best as possible. Here is an example of how great these folks are. I took a flight to Lallibella and my return flight was radically changed by Ethiopian Air (ET). Because I had given ET the hotel as a contact, the hotel tried to email me concerning the change. I never got the email but the folks at the hotel arranged an airport pick-up for me anyway. A very nice soft landing. Some have complained about the area. I have walked around the area escorted and alone many times and have never had a problem.

Room Tip: Rooms in the front of the hotel are quieter. Rooms in the back of the hotel face a schoolyard and ca...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank bijouWa
Mackmekonnen, Owner at Addis Regency Hotel, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear guest,thank you for your recent review, I am very happy we were there when we we were needed i make every effort to meet my guests sit with them enjoy their company a great deal, the best part is every one of my guests have been to parts of Ethiopia that I never even heard of let alone visit, so every hour is precious and educational, I enjoy my guests just as much as they enjoy my country my sincere thanks for staying with us and hope to see you again, wish you a wonderful and prosperous year.

Mekonnen
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Great service, and wonderful hospitality!!! The food is delicious and the hotel itself, including bed and bath, is very clean!! Recommend it to anyone and everyone!! the Management is fantastic, they go out of there way to make me feel at home! can't wait to go again! special thank you to the owner of the hotel for opening such a great hotel!!!

Room Tip: All rooms are perfect!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Rosa S
Dear guest, thank you for your recent review, I am very pleased your stay was very enjoyable. Myself and all our staff in every department and our management work extremely hard to meet all your needs and the best part is we enjoy and treasure all our guests thank you for making my day.

Mekonnen
Dubai
Reviewed January 10, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at the Addis half a dozen times or more, our last stay was to collect our adopted baby. I am just going to share one incident to highlight the superb level of service that is provided. There was construction work going on and it was noisy. Little Lukas needed to nap so I went downstairs and asked if the banging, sawing and drilling could stop for an hour or two. All construction activity ceased with 90 seconds. You won't get that quality of service at $2,000 dollar a night hotels.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Wayne M
Mackmekonnen, Owner at Addis Regency Hotel, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear valued guest, thank you for your recent review I would like to take this opportunity to thank you and your adoption networking group from Australia, the Uk, Canada, Germany, Italy, Norway, Spain and the USA who have stayed with us for days, weeks and more on several occasins and our valued gusts who are here on projects staying for months and all our short and long stay guests who encouraged and supported our effort to finish the construction of our elevator.

Owners, management and Staff
Muskogee, Oklahoma
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in October on 3 different occasions during our tour of Ethiopia. The staff was extremely helpful and kind. My bag was soaked with fish water (from the plane) and they promptly scrubbed my suitcase and washed all of my clothing. I do not know what I would have done without them. The restaurant was good and very reasonably priced. The hotel is located in a neighborhood and it seemed very safe. I walked around with another women for a whole day and I never felt afraid. The only down side is the noise at the hotel. I would stay here again though.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Run333
Mackmekonnen, Owner at Addis Regency Hotel, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you for your enlightening review,Our noisy part of our construction is now over thank you and everyone of our guest who continued to stay with us during this disturbing period,

Management and Staff