Addis Regency Hotel
$96
$74
$62
Jumia Travel
Ag Palace Hotel(Addis Ababa)(Great Value!)
$31
Caravan Hotel(Addis Ababa)
$60
$44
$454
$327
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsnational museumrooms were spotlesssmall fridgehot waterfree airportfast internettaxi driverother hotelshotel locationexcellent hotelcleaning staffsatellite tvbreakfast buffetlaundry serviceethiopian foodethiopian airlinesmack
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Great service, and wonderful hospitality!!! The food is delicious and the hotel itself, including bed and bath, is very clean!! Recommend it to anyone and everyone!! the Management is fantastic, they go out of there way to make me feel at home! can't wait to go again! special thank you to the owner of the hotel for opening such a great hotel!!!

Room Tip: All rooms are perfect!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank Rosa S
Mackmekonnen, Owner at Addis Regency Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Dear guest, thank you for your recent review, I am very pleased your stay was very enjoyable. Myself and all our staff in every department and our management work extremely hard to meet all your needs and the best part is we enjoy and treasure all our guests thank you for making my day.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at the Addis half a dozen times or more, our last stay was to collect our adopted baby. I am just going to share one incident to highlight the superb level of service that is provided. There was construction work going on and it was noisy. Little Lukas needed to nap so I went downstairs and asked if the banging, sawing and drilling could stop for an hour or two. All construction activity ceased with 90 seconds. You won't get that quality of service at $2,000 dollar a night hotels.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Wayne M
Mackmekonnen, Owner at Addis Regency Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Dear valued guest, thank you for your recent review I would like to take this opportunity to thank you and your adoption networking group from Australia, the Uk, Canada, Germany, Italy, Norway, Spain and the USA who have stayed with us for days, weeks and more on several occasins and our valued gusts who are here on projects staying for months and all our short and long stay guests who encouraged and supported our effort to finish the construction of our elevator.

Owners, management and Staff

Reviewed January 8, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in October on 3 different occasions during our tour of Ethiopia. The staff was extremely helpful and kind. My bag was soaked with fish water (from the plane) and they promptly scrubbed my suitcase and washed all of my clothing. I do not know what I would have done without them. The restaurant was good and very reasonably priced. The hotel is located in a neighborhood and it seemed very safe. I walked around with another women for a whole day and I never felt afraid. The only down side is the noise at the hotel. I would stay here again though.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Run333
Mackmekonnen, Owner at Addis Regency Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Thank you for your enlightening review,Our noisy part of our construction is now over thank you and everyone of our guest who continued to stay with us during this disturbing period,

Management and Staff

Reviewed January 7, 2013

This is a nice, clean, comfortable hotel in a marginal location. This modern hotel has no elevator. They are constructing one and there is noise from this during the day. In addition, the hotel adjoins a schoolyard and kids are playing games most of the day. (If you are up early and don't plan to sleep during the day, the noise from construction and kids is not much of a problem.) The hotel is basically in the middle of a shanty town and there's no place really to walk to: It is well out of the commercial centers of the city, at least those that would appeal to tourists. The staff was very gracious. We stayed in two rooms in November and both were spacious with good furnishings, good bath, and good bed. The owners are Ethiopian Americans. We did walk around the area without problems. The bigger issue is that there is really nowhere to walk to from this place.

Room Tip: Stay on the wide away from the schoolyard if you expect to sleep during the day at all.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Mackmekonnen, Owner at Addis Regency Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Dear guest, thank you for your recent review. Sorry you didn't get to see a copy of our booklet on things to do and places to visit while in Addis which was placed in your room for your convenience,
Without exaggeration I could say our hotel is located in the most strategic location in Addis, no other hotel could come close by any measure. Here are some of the reasons,
Our hotel is 10 minutes walk from ethnological museum, 12 to 15 minutes away from the emperial lions Zoo, 20 minutes away from the national museum where Lucy is resting, 5 minutes walk to St. George Cathedral which was built in the early 1800, 10 minutes walk to Piassa the oldest strip mall in Addis which is now under consideration by unesco as one of Ethiopias heritage site, 20 minutes walk or five minutes drive from Castelli the oldest Italian restaurant in the country, 2minutes walk to Addis Ababa restaurant the oldest traditional restaurant in Ethiopia, 20 minute TAXI ride to Entoto mountain and the oldest palace in Addis, 10 minute taxi ride to Africas largest open market Mercatto, a 10 minute taxi ride to Shiro Meda the national wholesale mall for Ethiopian traditional dresses and scarfs to list a few.
yes we are located in the oldest part of town and in the middle of a residential area where you would get a chance to meet and greet the beautiful people of Ethiopia,
yes we have a small football field behind our hotel where our guests and their kids play soccer with 10 and 12 years old boys and girls where hundreds of our guests donate soccer balls and adopt the teams.
In addition to our unparraled service, comfortable beds, clean sparkling bathrooms and fantastic hot shower, the best wifi in the country that made our hotel the number one hotel in Addis for two years in a row, we proudly invite you and tell you we are located in The most convenient location for tourists. As an owner I stand behind every word.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

I spent a week in the Addis Regency in Dec 2012. The hotel arranged transportation to/from the airport ,which was convenient. The staff was courteous and the hotel was clean. The restaurant and bar were fine and I ate several meals in the restaurant. The wireless internet connection was excellent throughout the hotel, something I very much appreciated this trip. The lack of an elevator (for now) will be an issue for some. No worries about the neighborhood (this is just Addis) but if it is your first experience in Ethiopia, you may be concerned...don't let it bother you. The school children playing next door was not an issue for me, and in fact I enjoyed hearing them. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: You should communicate with the hotel (email) before arrival and make sure any requests are known in advance. They are good about getting back to you. Rooms overlooking the school yard will be a bit noisier during the day but fine at night.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank J M

Thank you for taking the time to tell the world about your experience, our management and staff will continue with our hard work to keep our hotel impecably clean and provide an excellent service as always,.a well thought out comments and a great deal of info you provided about Addis will help travelers in their search.

Thank you for visiting Ethiopia.and staying at Addis Regency